Thread: P59 4L80e How to make TCC Unlock when I want? TPS %

Tuner in Training

P59 4L80e How to make TCC Unlock when I want? TPS %

I'm having knock at low RPM higher load when the TCC is locked. It's right around 2,000 RPM and can happen anywhere in between 60-120 KPA. I've reduced timing in that area all I care to and honestly, I hate the feel anyway. My other truck that's pretty much bone stock does the same thing in the same area. I'm not getting any knock at higher RPM. I think I want to get the TCC to unlock just before the unfavorable conditions that lead the engine to lug.

So, Under: Transmission -> Auto TCC-> Apply/Release Speed, "Normal" and "Cruise" "Release TPS" I've adjusted the 4th gear release % down to 30% all the way up through 72mph. It didn't seem to do anything when I tested it on the way in to work this morning.

How do I get the TCC to release at a specific throttle percentage?

Otherwise, do any of you have any other ideas to offer to fix my problem?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Any answer to this ^^^^^^ I have pretty much got my converter doing what I want, but would like it to disengage under higher loads while towing.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if you want it to release differently under towing then you would want to change your performance tables to make that happen. the performance tables are enabled when the tow/haul mode is activated.
    your normal tcc settings fall under normal/cruise/hot.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I'm having knock at low RPM higher load when the TCC is locked. It's right around 2,000 RPM and can happen anywhere in between 60-120 KPA. I've reduced timing in that area all I care to and honestly, I hate the feel anyway. My other truck that's pretty much bone stock does the same thing in the same area. I'm not getting any knock at higher RPM. I think I want to get the TCC to unlock just before the unfavorable conditions that lead the engine to lug.

So, Under: Transmission -> Auto TCC-> Apply/Release Speed, "Normal" and "Cruise" "Release TPS" I've adjusted the 4th gear release % down to 30% all the way up through 72mph. It didn't seem to do anything when I tested it on the way in to work this morning.

How do I get the TCC to release at a specific throttle percentage?

Otherwise, do any of you have any other ideas to offer to fix my problem?
    raising the enable speed prevents it from disengaging. if you want the tcc to release from already being enabled then go into the release tables and lower the value (tps %) until the tps value is exceeded during the driving you do. this will force the tcc to disable.

i suggest trying the tcc value calculator and seeing what happens to your kr once it has good tcc values in it. download and unzip the current version then plug in data. its easy and instructions are in the post.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?44953&44953
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

In my application, I used a 04 4l80e with a trans-go shift kit. It had a strange pump noise (clattering) so I changed the pump for a rebuilt GM unit but forgot to do the mods inside it for the fluid drainback (some kinda hole you have to drill).

the consequence was that the converter would not unlock when told to at higher pressures, there was a large delay that was unacceptable.

What I did was simply install a switch between the lockup circuit and the computer (1-wire). Set the error to "no error reported". This way the computer will command whatever it wants but I have the final say with my switch at all times. basically before running the 4l80e hard you need to put in 3rd gear anyways, and I flip the switch to hold the converter unlocked for the duration (Yank says do not go WOT with a locked unit that isn't designed for it)

Tuner
    Thanks Alex, I feel stupid bringing up an old post. I figured out my stupidity. Right in front of me as you said. Should have held on a hour before I brought Up a old post. Lol I have that zip file. Just trying to figure out how to get it to work for the TCC. Thanks again!

Tuner
    Thanks KingtalOn! For info.