Thread: WTF All Hell Broke Loose on the way home today

Tuner in Training

WTF All Hell Broke Loose on the way home today

Today on the way home I got an engine light no big deal right? I was logging so I checked the dtc and it wouldn't all fit on one screen!!!

Here's what came up:

U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    C0226 - LF Wheel Speed Signal Missing (History)
    P0156 - HO2S Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2 (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    C0222 - RF Wheel Speed Signal Missing (History)
    B2575 - Unknown (History) (Immature)
    B2961 - Unknown (History) (Immature)
    B0083 - Unknown (History) (Immature)
    P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected (Pending) (Immature)
    U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM (History) (Immature)
    B0092 - PPS passenger detection error (History) (Immature)

Kicker is if I try and clear the codes it won't. None of them not even the engine code's. I'm using the latest download.

This morning I loaded a Maf tune instead of the SD tune I have been running but I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Some strange things have happened this week, first passenger jumps out of the truck closed the door and I get "Buckle passenger" ah yeah there's nobody in the seat? Then a day later leave work travel 100' and truck shuts off not stalls just shuts off... "Reduced engine power" and won't restart. I reload my last tune and it fires up and runs fine.

What the hell is going on? I did cut a piece off the trailer hitch with the plasma cutter on Sunday could I have let the infamous smoke out of the VCM?
    I think it would have should up sooner.

dont wory about the U/B/C codes..they are from other modules....
    the important ones to look at are P0156 and P0300

2.1.12 now reads codes from ALL modules in the car...

P0156 is yoru passenger side rear o2 not working correctly..and p0300 is usually caused by a cam....

both can be set to no error reported and you wonthave any issues from either of them...

as far as the other code..and how to make them go away...

OBD-II Trouble Codes - OBD-II DTC Trouble Codes Repair Help Site

try that.....

and some of those may not ever go away as they are for parts that may not have existed from the factory on your car....generic boxes for dozens of models...
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    Isn't it weird that that I couldn't delete the engine codes with hpt? If I turned the key on with the engine of hit delete the engine codes would come right back. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and the engine codes went away.

I did lower the idle 50 rpm when I put the new tune in so I guess that would be the misfire code the o2 code I have to look into.

If you have long tube headers, hi-flow cats, or no cats you need to turn off the codes for bank 2 o2 sensors. Nothing particularly wrong with the o2's, the PCM just thinks there is...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    2.1.12 now reads codes from ALL modules in the car...
    Sorry for the OT, but does it also ready errors from the airbag module? My light is on... I guess I can check.. LOL ... But I am lazy tonight.

I think it will. I have from what i gather, An airbag code, but no air bag light.
    I think it was b0041,b1025 not positive.
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29
    VCM ID:7DS739259ui
    VCM OS ID:9387047