Thread: Acts Like Vats, Walks Like Vats, Quacks Like Vats But I Don't Think Its Vats

Acts Like Vats, Walks Like Vats, Quacks Like Vats But I Don't Think Its Vats

I've got a very unusual issue I've never seen. I'm using this in a swap application which is a harness built off a Corvette DBW Setup. When I first installed it I was using a 00 Truck PCM with 00 C5 calibrations it ran fine for a couple startups then all of a sudden it started acting like the vats was on. It would startup an run for about 5-6 seconds then die an wouldn't start back up it would just start an die like VATs. It wouldn't start back up till I did an entire write a write calibrations wouldn't have any effect on it.

I finally decided after having this issue a few times it was something to do with the c5 calibrations over a truck calibration pcm. So I got ahold of a actual 00 Corvette pcm. After flashing it with the needed setup for the swap it fired up an ran fine several times an I thought I had fixed the problem. I was wrong it came back!!

Sometimes it would start an be fine an other times it would start run 5-6 sec an die an require an entire write. I had somethings I was working on other wise with the car so I figured I would run this down later on thinking it was something to do with the DBW setup even though it didn't ever throw any codes an the throttle body would still operate even while it was doing this.

One day it just stopped doing this an hasn't done it for over a week. Then I had to start flashing the pcm to do some tuning work on it an all of a sudden yesterday afternoon it started doing it again.

If you let it sit for around 10 mins or so it will start back up but it will only run the 5-6 secs before dieing again. Only way you can get it to stay running is with an entire write.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?
    Last edited by RIP1976; 10-31-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    bleed the air out of your fuel rail and try it.

Not VATS since a failed vats PCM will only fire injectors for 2 seconds then cut them, very repeatable.
    You have something wrong in the tune, very likely a MAP code setting. I have seen it.

Post the tune to check, we can only guess at this point without the tune and a datalog.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

I figured it out finally it is a corvette based issue only it's the only time you would see this occur.