Thread: Accel. pedal swap- Truck to Car

Tuner in Training

Accel. pedal swap- Truck to Car

I'm in process of swapping a Gen V motor into a Land Rover Defender and was looking for some help with the accelerator pedal. The engine is from a truck and the matching pedal just doesn't fit in the footwell. It's also made 100% of plastic so it can't be modified. I've got a 2010 Corvette pedal which fits but doesn't work with the ECU currently. The connectors are the same between the two pedals. It doesn't throw any codes but the throttle doesn't move at all. Is it possible to recal the ecu or repin the pedal to make things play nice with each other?

Wiring is different between the car and truck I believe. I dont have the schematics available to me at the moment to double check but I think its like with the GEN 4 stuff.

Yeah they are different voltage ranges between the Gen 4 and Gen 5 throttle pedal.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    I found the '10 vette pin out and it is different. that is easy enough to fix. Is it possible to recal the ECU to that pedal?

No they use different voltages.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    We've figured out a mechanical work around. We're going to use the Land Rover original pedal assembly with a cable going to a cut down GM truck pedal which will be remote mounted in the dash. A little kludgey but solves the mounting and ECU issues in one fell swoop.

Potential Tuner

Did the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by banzairx7 View Post
    We've figured out a mechanical work around. We're going to use the Land Rover original pedal assembly with a cable going to a cut down GM truck pedal which will be remote mounted in the dash. A little kludgey but solves the mounting and ECU issues in one fell swoop.
    So if you go to my insta gram bowtie_defender, you'll see what I had to come up with because the truck pedal just didn't want to fit. But I'm happy with the rig as backyard as it is.