Thread: 2003 48 Support?

2003 48 Support?

Is the TCM supported in a 03 Cummins? When I click "gather info" it shows a OS # but doesn't populate a controller, when I pick the Dodge controller it fails to read.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCE View Post
    Is the TCM supported in a 03 Cummins? When I click "gather info" it shows a OS # but doesn't populate a controller, when I pick the Dodge controller it fails to read.
    The few transmission controls that are available are in the ECM calibration. There is no separate TCM on these trucks. Just read the calibration (which for the 03-05 trucks isn't a true read, but rather a generated stock file for the particular OS your ECM runs), and click on the Transmission tab, and you'll see what parameters are available.

There is definitely a separate controller for the trans. Might be called a PCM its on the firewall.

There are no parameters under the trans tab.

Advanced Tuner
    There is definitely a separate controller for the trans. Might be called a PCM its on the firewall.

There are no parameters under the trans tab.
    Sorry, is this not on a Ram with the CTD?

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Sorry, is this not on a Ram with the CTD?
    Yes, the ecm is on the engine there is also another module on the firewall that controls the transmission.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, the ecm is on the engine there is also another module on the firewall that controls the transmission.
    Have a picture of said module? I own and tune my own '05 Ram CTD, and all transmission parameters are found under the transmission tab in the ECM calibration. I have no module on my firewall that controls the transmission. Maybe there's a difference that exists between 03s and the 04 and later models in terms of transmission control module, but this would be the first time I'm hearing of it.

Are you certain you don't have anything in the transmission tab of your ECM file? Did you make sure to select "Advanced" viewing mode in the editor?

IMG_20171104_154111.jpg
    no trans.PNG

Maybe a 03-04 thing I dunno?

Not in Noob mode either

It's a JTEC controller. Don't expect any sort of support from HP Tuners.
    Level 3 Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram technician
    20 years experience

So as it turns out my truck has a 47RE, I didn't know you could get that in a 3rd gen but apparently in 03 you still could.

2003 trucks use the JTEC controller on the fire wall to control the 47RE and 48RE transmissions in the diesel trucks and are not supported.