Thread: 13 GT trims leaning out at top of pull

13 GT trims leaning out at top of pull

Working on this 13 gt with a paxton, car has id1050x and a 20v boost a pump. the trims are leaning out at the top of the pull. seems like its out of fuel system but thats not the case. its a little rich before the trims begin the check out and is having trouble holding commanded lambda. any insight would be appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try increasing the three max map fields under speed density, map max delta above baro, map max vs airmass, and calc map max. I've seen some weird fueling issues when the pcm sees inferred map values above what it thinks should be the max.

What size pulley and fuel type?

Advanced Tuner
    As boost increases(manifold pressure) it pushes back on the injector and you get pressure drop across the injectors, this means that even if your fuel pump is able to maintain 55psi at the rails, due to the boost in the manifold it will actually be less since it has to combat the manifold pressure. So if you are making 10psi on your paxton, your 55psi is actually 45psi. This is why most go with a 1:1 reference, so pressure ramps up with boost. So what is happening is as you build more boost the higher you rev with the paxton, the injectors begin to loss flow due to the pressure drop across them.

EDIT:

Reviewed the log and it looks like your fuel trims arent close to being accurate even before the top end, you are about -12% through out the first half of the pull. This can be caused by an inaccurate MAF curve, injector data, or inferred fuel pressure. I am willing to bet it's inferred fuel rail pressure, ideally you want to make sure you know your fuel pressure at certain fuel flow. Yours show you are 52.9psi at max flow, are you sure you have 52psi in the rail at peak fuel demand?

If you dont the ECM will spray as much as it needs to spray had it had 52psi in the rails, and if it's actually lower than it will not spray enough, it will also not spray enough due to manifold pressure.
    Last edited by Jn2; 11-02-2017 at 01:56 PM.

I do realize the trims are pulling fuel, that was from the last pull in effort to combat the leaning out issue i was seeing