Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updateding the Ford 6.0 Powerstroke tuning capabilities

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I would like to look over your tune to see what I am missing on making more torque but seems that the attached file link is not working, thanks in advance.

Potential Tuner

Im a beginer looking for info

Quote Originally Posted by lsxswap0613 View Post
    i just want to share my experiences so far with using hp tuners..... For tuning a 2005 f350 6.0 diesel 4x4 crew cab long bed. I have been tuning on gm platforms for a little bit so i familiar with the basics and what not.... I also work for ford motor company as a technician earning the title of senior master a few years back... I have been with ford for almost 20 years....the last 10 years being in the diesel side of it which i absolutely love. I owned my own diesel repair/performance shop for while also doing full repairs and any upgrades the customer wanted or ones i felt it needed to meet the expectations of what the customer wanted.... Sorry i am rambling on... Anyway..once the ability to custom tune powerstrokes was released... I started upgrading my own personal truck and finally blew the head gaskets (6.0) and went in and studded it and added some more goodies to it....and finally was able to use hp to tune this thing I purchased the tuning school's beginners course for tuning ford diesel as i also like to have a reputable process to build my own process off of.
    The biggest thing i had to overcome was it was written for using the sct advantage software.... So i had to find the similar tables between the two... So using that book... I was able to produce a mild tune. It for sure woke the truck up... But def had a lot of room for improvement. So as a ford technician using fords equipment.. I was very happy that i could set up my scanner to monitor the same pids as i do in the ford equipment. Eric and his team did an outstanding job on this program. Now with the tuning...i have found some things that needed to be addressed and tables that needed to be added... But that is a part of the process. My whole point of this is that eric brooks has gone above and beyond my expectations in helping move the diesel program along...just in the last week we found lots of things that we needed. My f350 runs great... Doesn't "roll a ton of coal" haha just initially it will then boost comes in and it cleans right up...... Torque pids started at 500 or so foot pounds and now its knocking on the 900 mark... Horsepower (estimated using the horsepower formula) came from 295 to now almost 600... Now i know those numbers are far fetched to what i really produces but i was looking for the percentage of increase... In other words... With hp tuners.. You can make solid power now on the powerstrokes. I have bugged eric through facebook And though the trouble ticket system and he has came through every time.... Now we are working on finding a limiter for the mfdes bc mine stops at 100.. We should be able to go higher than that... Its a work in progress and i am very confident that this program. Thank you hp and eric for the job well done

i have attached one of my tunes... Feel free to look it over and give some feedback
    i have also attached a datalog.... Feel free to look it over as well

ive tried to open the link it says i need an app to play it?? Do you by any chance know what it is? Im very new to tuning and i would like to know more about the process. Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone, jumping on the tail end of this post because I felt like there was a lot of knowledge being passed around and help being given which is what i am looking for to start. I am waiting on my hptuners equipment to get here but have already downloaded the software and began looking at sample tunes and tunes off these forums to get an idea of how the system works. I have never actually written any tunes before, but my brother and I, the ones who will actually be doing the tuning, are extremely knowledgeable in the works of engines in general and especially the 6.0. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to find a video or something that could go over the details of how hp tuners works when tuning on a 6.0 or if any of you have any other advise for things you think I should know before I begin. Thanks for your help in advance.