Thread: Scanner Software

Advanced Tuner

Scanner Software

I'm requesting for the scanner software to have the ability to additionally reset/clear DTC's across SRS/ABS/BCM modules for it's supported vehicle listing. Is it feasible for HPT to support this request? Often times, when removing hard parts to better performance to a vehicle, a component relating to the BCM-ABS-SRS might be in the way. Being careful to not trigger a hard set code to one of those modules might not be cautious enough resulting in the unwanted light. The added function of HPT scanner to reset those faults would ultimately support these unfortunate situations.

Secondly, requesting to have HPT scanner to reset DTCs for OBD2 equipped vehicles in general [Domestic & Foreign} as a standardized feature. Having this feature is more likely to draw in more clientele & potentially more Editor users by inherent default.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

VCM Scanner should reset DTC's for most standard OBD2 vehicles, foreign and domestic. The tool has been capable of this for many years.

Please list the specific vehicle you're having issues with resetting/clearing dtcs across SRS/ABS/BCM modules.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Its not certain whether it'll reset the abs srs bcm codes for 08 colorado, 08 caliber, 02 neon, 2010 f150 fx4, 2010 cobalt, chevy SS.
    These are or have been personal vehicles that i was pointing too. Sometimes testing another circuit i had to put power to the vehicle to ensure what i was doing worked as expected.
    No longer having the snap on device to clear dtc's i dont want to assume hpt scanner will clear/reset the tripped fault.

Appreciate your help & feedback.

Advanced Tuner
    Have a relative with a 16 honda crv that had an abs code, but before giving it a go with hpt, they impatiently opt for the dealer to clear it. Was a chafed wire that sent the module to hard set an abs code. Would hpt have worked, I'm curious?

Quote Originally Posted by * _ * View Post
    Have a relative with a 16 honda crv that had an abs code, but before giving it a go with hpt, they impatiently opt for the dealer to clear it. Was a chafed wire that sent the module to hard set an abs code. Would hpt have worked, I'm curious?
    It's possible. We don't test the tool on every vehicle ever made, so we can't say for sure. The tool is designed to support all the SAE/ISO standards for diagnostics, as well as several manufacturer specific methods.

You've listed a lot of modules, and a lot of vehicles you are "not certain". If you could narrow it down to a specific module on a specific vehicle, that would make it a bit easier for us to start.

On some vehicles though, certain modules are only present on proprietary busses. We support some, but not all proprietary busses.

Advanced Tuner
    Understood, but being in the dark and not having the opportunity to test it as it is often something timely to address, it goes left uncertain for the software's potential abilities.
    I'd like to specifically know for the caliber and colorado please.

All I can tell you is that it should work. If it doesn't work, please open a support ticket.

I could be mistaken. My 2004 GTO has the ABS fault and SES, and when I scan for DTCs, it does not show anything ABS related. It'd be nice if it did, though
    04GTO IBM/blue/M12/3.46
    show-MPD Scorpio hood,cutout/quadtips,06-tails/doorlock button,JHP gauges,Monaro ftrest/Sport wheel,Pioneer Avic,rt530,Grafxwerks, stgg'd 18" Thruxtons
    go-forged ls2 447, MAST 295 70cc, 11.68:1scr, ported FAST102/NW102, jegten cam/tune,Lunati,160 tstat,Cloyes, Decca 60#, Kooks SS/catless,JBA cb,Taylor bluewires,OTRCAI,NGK TR6,GMM R/S/TSS-oemknob,Brembos/BaerSS lines, blue AMW cc,SLP-skid plate/udp, Monster3,IngallsETD,Lovells,Hotchkis,RevShift,HPTu ners/PLX.

The Scanner only clears codes stored in the PCM if the code is stored in a ABS module or in A SRS unit it will not clear the code. I know that the most basic Scan tool can not clear ABS or SRS codes.

You must have a more advanced scan tool to clear ABS and SRS hard codes. There are a few on Amazon that have this functionality for less than $135.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    You must have a more advanced scan tool to clear ABS and SRS hard codes. There are a few on Amazon that have this functionality for less than $135.
    After having tried a few & returning them because they did not support some common domestic vehicles, I'd like to know which ones for under 135 will do the job?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The Scanner only clears codes stored in the PCM if the code is stored in a ABS module or in A SRS unit it will not clear the code. I know that the most basic Scan tool can not clear ABS or SRS codes.
    if I could pay 100 or less for an feature within hpt scanner unlocking this possibility to reset/clear ALL codes for all currently supported vehicles and other domestic vehicles, I'd be inclined to favor my business as such.