Thread: Writing ford racing control pack tune to f150 pcm

Tuner in Training

Writing ford racing control pack tune to f150 pcm

Looking for some help please

I am doing a coyote swap and made my own harness. I bought the hp tuners because my understanding was that I could write the control pack tune to a f150 5.0 pcm. They are both copperhead 2048 pcm, but when I open the file it will not let me license the file. The file does not have a vin which might be the issue. So far from searching it seams that hp tuners will add a vin when you read a ford racing computer. Can I add one to a file? Is it possible to write the file to the f150 computer?

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    I know you can write stuff to gm pcms but not super sure on ford. You probably have to license both.

Tuner in Training
    I downloaded a ford racing control pack file with a hp tuners vin applied and licensed it. I tried to write it to the f150 pcm and it gives me a unauthorized vehicle message. If I use two more credits and license the f150 vin will it let me flash the control pack file to the f150 pcm?

Normally yes. Since the VIN and OS on the F150 PCM is different from the file, it will ask for another license.
    Read the F150 PCm and license it. Then flash it
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Read the F150 PCm and license it. Then flash it
    Then flash the ford racing file?

Potential Tuner
    Any update? Wondering how this turned out.