Thread: Problem with CSV file..

Problem with CSV file..

Hello,

I try for the first time my RaceRender software but i still have a issue.
    I export my log file to get csv file but when i insert this file into RaceRender the virtual dashboard not work... RPM Needle is shaking and afr goes like crazy.
    Somebody can tell me if my csv file is corrupt ?

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for attaching the CSV file. I can see that something is a bit off with this file... The Engine RPM data column ranges from 0 to 999 RPM, while the Vehicle Speed ranges from 506 to 1988 km/h, and the data fields don't seem to match up with the listed channels in general.

This actually just a European number formatting issue with VCM Scanner's export, related to your computer's regional settings, where commas are being used as decimal separators, which conflicts with the CSV format's nature of using commas to separate the data channels. So, for example, when it wrote the timestamp for 0.225 seconds, that came out as "0,225", which then looks like two separate data columns and generally makes a mess of things.

I'll followup with our team to see if we can get this fixed in VCM Scanner.

In the meantime, you should be able to work around this by changing your computer's regional settings to use '.' as the decimal separator instead, and then doing the VCM Scanner export to .CSV again:
    1) Go to Control Panel
    2) Click on "Clock, Language, and Region"
    3) Click on "Change date, time, or number formats"
    4) Click on "Additional Settings"
    5) Set "Decimal symbol" to '.'
    6) Set "Digit grouping symbol" to ','
    7) Click "OK"

(You may need to reboot your computer for this to fully take effect)

Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Thanks for attaching the CSV file. I can see that something is a bit off with this file... The Engine RPM data column ranges from 0 to 999 RPM, while the Vehicle Speed ranges from 506 to 1988 km/h, and the data fields don't seem to match up with the listed channels in general.

This actually just a European number formatting issue with VCM Scanner's export, related to your computer's regional settings, where commas are being used as decimal separators, which conflicts with the CSV format's nature of using commas to separate the data channels. So, for example, when it wrote the timestamp for 0.225 seconds, that came out as "0,225", which then looks like two separate data columns and generally makes a mess of things.

I'll followup with our team to see if we can get this fixed in VCM Scanner.

In the meantime, you should be able to work around this by changing your computer's regional settings to use '.' as the decimal separator instead, and then doing the VCM Scanner export to .CSV again:
    1) Go to Control Panel
    2) Click on "Clock, Language, and Region"
    3) Click on "Change date, time, or number formats"
    4) Click on "Additional Settings"
    5) Set "Decimal symbol" to '.'
    6) Set "Digit grouping symbol" to ','
    7) Click "OK"

(You may need to reboot your computer for this to fully take effect)

Thank you for your prompt answer. I will try and give you a feedback !

Hello it's work now perfect thank you for the good support !!

Can i ask you something more ? I export file form my dyno, can you told me what i have to change to make it match with race render ?

Thank you very much, it's look like nothing but race render will help me so much to promote my business !
    Attached Files Attached Files

Unfortunately, the dyno log you attached does not include any timestamps or other timing information, so it would not be possible to use this file in its present form. All of the other data inside it looks good, so you would just need to find a way to add a time column that provides a timestamp for each data sample. A timestamp can be as simple as being a number of seconds since the log began.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Unfortunately, the dyno log you attached does not include any timestamps or other timing information, so it would not be possible to use this file in its present form. All of the other data inside it looks good, so you would just need to find a way to add a time column that provides a timestamp for each data sample. A timestamp can be as simple as being a number of seconds since the log began.

Ok Thank you !