Thread: p1516 after turbo

Tuner in Training

p1516 after turbo

2000 Tahoe ecu 411 with TAC, customers installed a gt35, and for me to do a log, I had to erase the DTC every time so that it could accelerate and the error p1516 pops up. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this? I also don't want to put a throttle cable.
    Last edited by rafailto; 11-06-2017 at 02:06 AM. Reason: error

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Which code do you have...one looks like a typo?
    P1615- that should be a Loss of Communication code for VATS....have you tried disabling VATS and clearing codes?

I'm guessing your really having issues with this code since you mentioned the TAC module....
    if its the P1516 as your thread title states then that is usually due to some Throttle body related issue. Some cars even throw a P2135 as well.
    For this case you usually run into bulletins regarding these topics:
    There is a Bulletin to replace the T/body connector (personally i start here. not necessarily replacing the connector right away but checking the tension of the pins)
    There is a Bulletin to clean the throttle body and relearn the idle. (i usually go here next)
    There is a Bulletin to reprogram the ECM.
    There is a Bulletin to replace the TPS sensor cover.
    Sometimes the TAC itself fails. (if i can borrow a TB designed for use with the TAC that is known good, ill give this a shot as my third option before replacing any components)

maybe someone has a different experience with this code than me but usually it gets resolved between my first option and third option. its rare i have had a failure due to an ecu circuit failure. I haven't personally seen a TPS cover failure.

how much boost pressure or lb.min is this engine seeing with the gt35. sometimes the throttle bodies flutter under boost and trigger a code when the shaft movement triggers a funky signal on the TPS feed. If i remember correctly, this is the problem 1320 had on their Leroy car before switching to the Nick Williams Cable TB.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    sorry, it was a finger error. P1516 TAC Position Performance
    I will try with all these steps to see if it gets fixed.

Does the code pop immediately after engine startup?
    Does the throttle work normally if you erase the code after engine starts and fails again when you shut it off then on again?
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    r1. Nope, the code pop after 2000 rpm or wot.

r.2 Yes, TB behaves as you say. Client help me the make the log and i deleted code all the time, (click click click... ∞) to can accelerate.

blowoff has installes 2inch to TB, today check harness i changed tb, tac & pcm thinking that in the exhaust store they had damaged something... tech2 i didnt find the option of relearn, only test and increase or decrease 25rpm. Does it work for you i to write all i've made?

Then your problem is airflow related and you may be able to fix it with tuning.
    Post your current tune to check if you have anything that is causing the issue.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    Yesterday after various fixes on the body, vehicle come back. I tuned the vehicle, I fixed the table [Engine Diag>Airflow>Calc Airmass - P1514 / p0068 Error] and I used 4 g. value on the all table. Works good I handled it approximate 70 miles, no more DTC's, TB works good with exellent reaction. But now i would like learn how to fix each value required without use 4 g. all time in all rows and columns.

Tuner
    Click on top left box on the map, tis should highlight it all. in the G box type 0.04 and hit the + sign, this will add "4" to each cell, hope that helps, john