Thread: 2015 Hellcat w/Whipple- p0607 ECU Internal Performance - anyone else see this before?

Advanced Tuner

2015 Hellcat w/Whipple- p0607 ECU Internal Performance - anyone else see this before?

I thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone else has seen this. Customer car arrived here with this and several other codes.
    Once the other issues were addressed the only remaining problem is this code putting the car in limp mode above 4500rpm.

We are going to attempt a WiTech reflash of the TCM but wanted to see if anyone has dealt with this previously and what the resolution was.

Thanks in advance!
    Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by [email protected]; 11-06-2017 at 09:57 AM. Reason: spelling
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

The only time I've seen this Mike is at the dealer with unmodified cars and it was the shifter assembly itself that failed and has an internal problem...if that's the only code I wouldn't think it's a "tune" problem, just one of them regular problems...

I'd hate to see you just flash the TCM and have to spend credits on it again only to have to put a shifter assembly in it anyway.
    Last edited by Blue Bee; 11-06-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    The only time I've seen this Mike is at the dealer with unmodified cars and it was the shifter assembly itself that failed and has an internal problem...if that's the only code I wouldn't think it's a "tune" problem, just one of them regular problems...

I'd hate to see you just flash the TCM and have to spend credits on it again only to have to put a shifter assembly in it anyway.
    Rick, thanks for the reply. AETools took a good part of the day yesterday trying to configure our new WiTech 2.0 so I never got to try the TCM flash. I am not happy with having to go the WiTech 2.0 route now but it is the only option we are aware of.
    In any event thanks for the suggestion concerning the shifter assembly!
    Was there any particular test that determined this? Or was it trial and error?

Thanks in advance!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Rick, thanks for the reply. AETools took a good part of the day yesterday trying to configure our new WiTech 2.0 so I never got to try the TCM flash. I am not happy with having to go the WiTech 2.0 route now but it is the only option we are aware of.
    In any event thanks for the suggestion concerning the shifter assembly!
    Was there any particular test that determined this? Or was it trial and error?

Thanks in advance!

We just went through the same crap. Witech 2.0 has a ton of bugs right now. Best of luck Mike

Well according to FCA if the ESM (shifter assembly) produces this code, it has voltage, it's communicating but has an internal error. The only fix is to replace it. I have never seen a valve body (TCM) produce this code on it's own. One time I did see this code produced when the manual Park release was pulled then try and shift, but it also gets TCM codes for Park solenoid and other things, if this is your only code it's the ESM. This should be a warrant-able item as other mods including a tune should not affect this, remember for them to deny warranty they have to prove your mods affected it and caused the failure, as an example if you put a CAI and smaller pulley on it then the radio takes a shit, they have to warranty the radio because there is no possible way the mods affected it.

Advanced Tuner
    Curt, well that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy
    They tried the install on another laptop today and it failed as well.
    Are you up and running on Witech 2.0 now?

Advanced Tuner
    Well according to FCA if the ESM (shifter assembly) produces this code, it has voltage, it's communicating but has an internal error. The only fix is to replace it. I have never seen a valve body (TCM) produce this code on it's own. One time I did see this code produced when the manual Park release was pulled then try and shift, but it also gets TCM codes for Park solenoid and other things, if this is your only code it's the ESM. This should be a warrant-able item as other mods including a tune should not affect this, remember for them to deny warranty they have to prove your mods affected it and caused the failure, as an example if you put a CAI and smaller pulley on it then the radio takes a shit, they have to warranty the radio because there is no possible way the mods affected it.
    Thanks again for your responses! They are appreciated.
    No other codes. Were going to follow the wiring trace recommended on DealerConnect but we may just yank the shifter. This car was shipped to us from Canada so I'm not sure how the warranty process works between countries but our dealer is usually pretty helpful. Hopefully the Whipple doesn't raise any eyebrows. Like you mentioned it should not impact the shifter mechanism.

Thanks again!

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks again for your responses! They are appreciated.
    No other codes. Were going to follow the wiring trace recommended on DealerConnect but we may just yank the shifter. This car was shipped to us from Canada so I'm not sure how the warranty process works between countries but our dealer is usually pretty helpful. Hopefully the Whipple doesn't raise any eyebrows. Like you mentioned it should not impact the shifter mechanism.

Thanks again!
    FWIW,

I dyno'd a Cat a while back and was talking to the owner and Canada came up. He bought it in the states but the dealer didn't tell him it was from Canada and that there is basically no warranty. That's the story I got from him anyway. I don't know if any of it's true or not.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    FWIW,

I dyno'd a Cat a while back and was talking to the owner and Canada came up. He bought it in the states but the dealer didn't tell him it was from Canada and that there is basically no warranty. That's the story I got from him anyway. I don't know if any of it's true or not.
    Just got off the phone with our dealer. You are absolutely correct. All Canadian warranties are void in the USA.

Yeeeeea, no warranty at all if it’s a Canada car. Seen that many times, people buying a used car only to bring it to dealer and find out that’s why they got such a good deal on a vehicle less than a year old with few miles...no warranty.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes but there are a ton of issues with it. Lot of tcm and abs modules etc it won't even talk to right now.

As far as the issue at hand I have not experienced that code on a whipple car.

Advanced Tuner
    Rick, The dealer is having a tough time identifying which shifter part to order. Neither is named ESM. FCA is telling them to get a tech and STAR involved. Here are the part#'s he has available:
    5nh921ccal - shifter top
    68205233aj - shifter

Do you happen to know which one is the ESM? They are pricey so I don't want to order both.

Rick, The dealer is having a tough time identifying which shifter part to order. Neither is named ESM. FCA is telling them to get a tech and STAR involved. Here are the part#'s he has available:
    5nh921ccal - shifter top
    68205233aj - shifter

Do you happen to know which one is the ESM? They are pricey so I don't want to order both.
    Mike, yes the 68205233AJ is the ESM itself (whole shifter assembly), shift top is just the knob and LED's. Blow's my mind it was that much?? Price I got for the ESM was $390...

Advanced Tuner
    Mike, yes the 68205233AJ is the ESM itself (whole shifter assembly), shift top is just the knob and LED's. Blow's my mind it was that much?? Price I got for the ESM was $390...
    Thank you sir! That part (68205233AJ) is the cheaper of the two and retails at the price you listed.
    The other part (5nh921ccal ) is the one that runs $600.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    Yes but there are a ton of issues with it. Lot of tcm and abs modules etc it won't even talk to right now.

As far as the issue at hand I have not experienced that code on a whipple car.
    Curt, when you say "there are a ton of issues with it" I assume you are referring to the Witech 2.0?
    We did get ours up and running today. I really liked Witech 1.0 and the ability to work online or offline. I guess those days are gone now.
    I have to use my hotspot just to drive a car and still use Witech 2.0. I was able to clear some stored TCM and ABS codes in a 2015 we had in the shop. I did not try any flashes yet.
    Besides the wireless ability (which will probably end up having us leave the module in a customer car) the only other plus I see is that I don't have to open up a second screen for TechConnect/DealerConnect.

Tuner in Training
    Curt, when you say "there are a ton of issues with it" I assume you are referring to the Witech 2.0?
    We did get ours up and running today. I really liked Witech 1.0 and the ability to work online or offline. I guess those days are gone now.
    I have to use my hotspot just to drive a car and still use Witech 2.0. I was able to clear some stored TCM and ABS codes in a 2015 we had in the shop. I did not try any flashes yet.
    Besides the wireless ability (which will probably end up having us leave the module in a customer car) the only other plus I see is that I don't have to open up a second screen for TechConnect/DealerConnect.
    Mike,

What ended up being the fix for this code?

What was this fix for this? Experiencing the same thing and no amount of calibration tweaking is fixing it so im thinking its something else.

Resolved mine, ended up being the IMAP and SOMAP sensors were reversed