Thread: 8L90 Learning Procedures

8L90 Learning Procedures

None of the buttons appear to work, and after clicking on all of them you get the transmission into some unknown state, where it will not go into drive and just rev it, it will appear like it is trying to apply the forward clutch and kind of move slightly then just rev up again.

The only way out of it is to pull the TCM fuse and put it back in. Re-starting or doing anything else dosent work.

Anyone else having issues?Capture.PNG, the graphics also appear to be messed up you can see in the screenshot.

It's a windows DPI issue. Set your scaling to 100% and it should work.

What operating system are you using? I haven't seen this issue on Windows 10.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I'm actually using Windows 10. I will try to learn the adapts again and see what happens. I guess there is not a way to individually learn the taps for just a specific clutch? Thanks for the help

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever get this issues fixed I?m having the same problem

No none of it works for me even on the latest beta. I recommend you put in a support ticket request with hp tuners, maybe if we can get enough people to complain about it we can get some things working right.

Tuner
    I've used it a couple of times this year with the last time in October on a Corvette C7. You have to make sure the transmission temperature requirement is meet and logging the correct PID for relearn.

Tuner
    I just did one. You have to have the trans up to at least 160 degrees, your foot on the brake and the parking brake applied. then when you click on the learn button you will then put it in drive, you will feel the engine rev and the trans start pulling. I never saw anything pop up on the screen.... but you have to sit there with your foot on the brake for 20-30 minutes until the engine drops back down to idle. then put it in park, click out of the test shut down the scanner and turn the key off. wait 5 minutes before starting it back up.

I wish there was a screen that would pop up telling you what to do and the process of the learn and when it was completed.