Thread: crank relearn, nothing happens

Tuner in Training

crank relearn, nothing happens

I've tried 3 times so far to do a crank relearn, but I get no indication that anything is happening, it just revs up to redline. First I click the "crank relearn" button, and get a dialog saying to slowly rev up until fuel cutoff which should be at 4K, I click OK (the only button) to dismiss that dialog, hold the brake pedal down, rev up and it just keeps going past 4K, no other messages or anything. The last time I tried it I set "no error reported" for all DTCs, which was recommended in another thread. There are no current DTCs. Engine is an LS1 with a new mild cam. HPtuners version is very recent. I get the impression from other posts that there should be a "Begin" button at some point ?
    Last edited by draz53; 11-07-2017 at 04:19 PM.

GMs factory crank relearn process requires that it be up to operating temperature and have the e-brake applied. I do it the same way with HPTuners. Maybe you just need the e-brake.

Tuner in Training
    e-brake is applied, as well as regular brake, and definitely at operating temp (I wouldn't rev it that high until oil is fully at temp). Any other suggestions appreciated.

I don't know. I have seen guys with swaps have to hook up their e-brake switch or just make a temporary ground for that wire. I have also seen rough idle or misfire keep the engine from passing an initial measurement phase needed before it can go into the rev phase. With a Tech2 or MDI it shows you step by step. Sorry I can't think or anything more helpful.