Thread: 2.2 Ecotec random missfire mystery have log files

Potential Tuner

2.2 Ecotec random missfire mystery have log files

2004 cavalier with a light hptune. I have two log files if anyone is willing to look them over and maybe see something im not that is off? I have done compression test, icm, timing set etc. Only codes are random missfire, idles horrible and super rich. Has no power at all. If someone can please take a look at my log files for me I would greatly appreciate it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Post your stock file and your modified file

It makes it easier to troubleshoot.

Potential Tuner
    dont have the stock file to post up

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    we dont need a stock file. the repository is full of similar files if not the direct stock platform file. just post your tune file of which you want reviewed or are experiencing issues with.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    The original post has them both attached..

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    no it does not. any file ending with .hpl is a scanner log file.
    the file requested is a .hpt file which is an editor file.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    the tune I have came with the car when I bought it na, it has not been modified since going with a hahn kit. but we used hptuners to try to detect anything out of the ordinary and did not notice much so what I am asking if someone with more hptuners experience would notice something in the log that we did not...

Tuner in Training
    I dont know what version of HPT you have but here is how you can post your tune. Go to VCM editor click on file in the upper left corner>recent files>a list of files will show up and pick the one you are using and download it to the tune repository. I am interested because you have the same ECM as me. You mention that the car has a Hahn kit on it do you know if Hahn did the initial tune? I tuned mine myself and I would really like to see a Hahn tune. A list of all the mods on you car is helpful for everyone here.