Thread: Download boot loader issue

Potential Tuner

Download boot loader issue

I tried to continue on with a previous thread that was closed, so id like to try again. I am getting the error "download boot loader: request download x7f Negative response code".
    I wrote the tune ive been working on 5 times in 2 days, on the 6th attempt I received this error.
    I have changed nothing on the vehicle electrically. I pulled every single fuse in the fuse box except power to the OBD II port, I charged the battery to 100%, I left the charger charging and tried, ive tried 2 other USB cables, Ive checked the pins in all the plugs, I can still data log with HPtuners and I can use my scantool without issue. The only thing I cant do at the moment is write a tune.
    Ive tried a complete write of the original tune also. No luck anywhere.
    If anyone can add something helpful, it would be greatly appreciated. Ive found several threads about this on various forums, but 1 out of every 10 people actually come back and update their post with what the problem and solution were.

I emailed tech support yesterday. I am hoping someone may be able to offer more troubleshooting guidance while I'm waiting for an answer.
    Last edited by snot rocket; 11-08-2017 at 05:43 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    bootloader timeout errors would indicate a battery or wiring issue with your vehicle, typically these are NOT related to our hardware/software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

What is the vehicle? I've had some vehicles where I have had to remove aftermarket radios and harnesses from the dash to communicate, heck, I've had some where I had to remove the ECM from the vehicle and flash on a stand alone harness because of some kind of wiring issue causing communication problems.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Potential Tuner
    its a 2002 s-10 with a full integrated harness into all factory equipment. e67ecm

Potential Tuner
    Just to not leave everyone in the dark, as so often happens on forums, here is what ive found

I have a nova with a stand alone system from GMPP ( so its at least OEM quality... ) Running the same ECM as the truck.
    So I burned two credits to write my already tuned nova, and confirmed the software and interface was A-Okay.
    It wasn't until after I flashed the nova I realized the nova and truck were the same ECM, so I swapped the truck ECM to the nova, so I could use the stand alone to bench flash. Well, same error occurred. I'm not sure what this means yet, because I'm pretty new to this, but obviously there is a software issue, whether it was an HP error, or something I did to the tune. Ill post up what the findings are.

Potential Tuner
    I know this is an older thread... But did you get it working ?