Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark@HPT Per our 8-speed conversation at SEMA

Mark@HPT Per our 8-speed conversation at SEMA

I called but you were out of the office, I have found the tables for shift speeds in manual mode (paddle) shifting, I didn't know if I should post them up or have you get them labeled out first?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    I called but you were out of the office, I have found the tables for shift speeds in manual mode (paddle) shifting, I didn't know if I should post them up or have you get them labeled out first?
    Thanks! Email Sent.

Advanced Tuner
    Rick and Mark - Mark had ask me to respond to my findings on this a few weeks ago and I never did - I apologize. "FState*" tables appear to work for the padddles.

Rick, thanks again for your help yesterday. It is appreciated!
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Rick and Mark - Mark had ask me to respond to my findings on this a few weeks ago and I never did - I apologize. "FState*" tables appear to work for the padddles.

Rick, thanks again for your help yesterday. It is appreciated!
    Mike, no problem! I hope it's all good once the ESM is installed. Fstate is correct, email sent to Mark for labeling, there is actually different tables depending on *Normal and *Sport modes. It seems Track mode follows Sport mode as far as paddle shift table but I need to test this.
    Last edited by Blue Bee; 11-09-2017 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Wrong name!

the fstate is that paddle in auto or do you mean manual tables. Because its different dont just sling paddles around all casual if its manual mode. I could be wrong but I have had it stuck in my head when the car was stock I had to put the shifter into manual to make it hold gears when using the paddles.
    Last edited by JoshCP527; 11-09-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCP527 View Post
    the fstate is that paddle in auto or do you mean manual tables. Because its different dont just sling paddles around all casual if its manual mode. I could be wrong but I have had it stuck in my head when the car was stock I had to put the shifter into manual to make it hold gears when using the paddles.
    I’m not exactly sure what you are saying...or asking. If it’s in auto and you click a paddle, you put it in a temporary “manual” mode. Until you hold + gear paddle, then it’s back in auto mode. IF you are in Manual mode, and say “Normal” mode it uses one of the Fstate tables, Manual mode and in “sport” it uses a different table. That being said, stock the two tables are identical. Yes, stock Manual holds the gears, my car is not and revs high enough that even in Manual-Paddle shifting mode, it would shift on its own into 2nd and 3rd. This is why I wanted to find these tables anyway.

I thought my car would shift when using paddles with the shifter in drive and I started to put it in manual to hold gears. i might of got it wrong back then but it sticks out in my mind. it might of been that the fstate tables are also sorted by mode or shifter position. I know two of the 5 have settings around 6k the other 3 are around 6.4k. I know in track mode I had to change more then just the track tables with shifter in D to get the shift points to work.

It may be that a different fstate table in the unknown section controls trans with shifter in auto and clicking the paddles. I’d have to test this. Stock paddle/manual table shows 1401 on every tune I’ve looked at, which is a little over 6600 engine RPM...one step at a time to get all these labeled, what I have sent Mark is known facts so far, more to come.

Also it seems that torque or wheel spin can force trans to shift, changing tq management helps this and figuring out which table the trans is looking at and changing those values will take some time.
    Last edited by Blue Bee; 11-09-2017 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Added info

Yeah I was thinking wheel spin can. I see an ESC table I have changed it for track stuff just because. I know I changed state A state ESC and State 12 A and 12 B and state 18 maps all in the the pedal percent area and up for wot just to get my desired shift output rpms the same as track to get them in line. I did used to do tow haul also. I took tow haul out back to stock. I think the 18 maps can be set back stock but I didn't have alot of runs to set each group. On the road I get too much wheel spin and shifting isnt loaded enough and it will hit rpm limiter in all the gears with wheel spin. I do plan to do like you and get it to shift out early on wheel spin once each map is figured out ether by me or by anyone getting them to hp.

Advanced Tuner
    It may be that a different fstate table in the unknown section controls trans with shifter in auto and clicking the paddles. I?d have to test this. Stock paddle/manual table shows 1401 on every tune I?ve looked at, which is a little over 6600 engine RPM...one step at a time to get all these labeled, what I have sent Mark is known facts so far, more to come.

Also it seems that torque or wheel spin can force trans to shift, changing tq management helps this and figuring out which table the trans is looking at and changing those values will take some time.
    Rick,
    Fstate* tables work for the shifter in auto. This is how we run our car. I put the car in drive and "Sport" mode, pull into the water box, paddle down to 1st, paddle through to the desired gear in my burnout, pull up to the line, paddle down to 1st again if needed, launch and never touch the paddles again (since I have the Fstate* tables programmed to shift as I want). This way all of my other shifts remain stock for daily driving.

Mike do the Fstate tables have an aceleration table also or are they tied to each mode in paddle manual and then full manual?

Rick,
    Fstate* tables work for the shifter in auto. This is how we run our car. I put the car in drive and "Sport" mode, pull into the water box, paddle down to 1st, paddle through to the desired gear in my burnout, pull up to the line, paddle down to 1st again if needed, launch and never touch the paddles again (since I have the Fstate* tables programmed to shift as I want). This way all of my other shifts remain stock for daily driving.
    I don't want to confuse onlookers, but yes Mike as I tested this at this point there is a different table for stick in auto then clicking a paddle. The modes I'm discussing as stated in the very beginning is shifter in "Manual" and using paddles. You are talking different modes than I, Fstate table is used for auto once you click the paddle, yes, if you don't click the paddle and jut put vehicle into Drive, it does not. This can get confusing real fast! There is so much in this trans...haha

This is what Mark is going to label, State F28-Manual mode (paddle) while in "sport" mode<--most likely Track mode follows this table as well
    State F40-Manual mode (paddle) while in "normal" mode

Again, Auto mode (paddle) uses a different table, I'm in the process of this or do you know which one?

Rick
    That sounds more like it the two trans files I have for the two cats I deal with did have different speeds and one even starts in second with the 1-2 set at 0. Seeing I just have to inject the little track testing I have been able to do..... I hope to go to the track sat. I can test them and set the others back stock.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't want to confuse onlookers, but yes Mike as I tested this at this point there is a different table for stick in auto then clicking a paddle. The modes I'm discussing as stated in the very beginning is shifter in "Manual" and using paddles. You are talking different modes than I, Fstate table is used for auto once you click the paddle, yes, if you don't click the paddle and jut put vehicle into Drive, it does not. This can get confusing real fast! There is so much in this trans...haha

This is what Mark is going to label, State F28-Manual mode (paddle) while in "sport" mode<--most likely Track mode follows this table as well
    State F40-Manual mode (paddle) while in "normal" mode

Again, Auto mode (paddle) uses a different table, I'm in the process of this or do you know which one?
    Sorry, I misunderstood and wasn't trying to muddy the waters. I'll keep quiet

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCP527 View Post
    Rick
    That sounds more like it the two trans files I have for the two cats I deal with did have different speeds and one even starts in second with the 1-2 set at 0. Seeing I just have to inject the little track testing I have been able to do..... I hope to go to the track sat. I can test them and set the others back stock.
    Yea, and I'm thinking the 1-2 shifts at 0 may be an extension during Valet mode....? Would make sense as literally each mode seems to have a table! There is so many factors in this deal.

Sorry, I misunderstood and wasn't trying to muddy the waters. I'll keep quiet
    Haha, no way man, chime in anytime. The knowledge of many makes easy work of this, so you said you had messed with some of those unknown tables in auto/sport mode and clicked the paddle to have it shift where you wanted? Right? I have to get my car on the dyno when I have time and get all this sorted out, that should make it go faster.

So I tested a little this morning and forgot I started trimming the pids I logged. Manual mode or F 40 worked in any trans mode and caused my set 5k shifts. I think it might of followed its own pressures and shift speeds. The other it looked like two might of been the same but I have sense changed the rpms for each and added the mode pid. Paddle manual follows the pressures and shift speeds of the modes though as street was more tame. I did not find 2nd gear start. I tried eco manual and forgot eco disables paddles. If its not vallet it might be cruise manual? Unless cruise kicks off when you try and use them.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea, and I'm thinking the 1-2 shifts at 0 may be an extension during Valet mode....? Would make sense as literally each mode seems to have a table! There is so many factors in this deal.

Haha, no way man, chime in anytime. The knowledge of many makes easy work of this, so you said you had messed with some of those unknown tables in auto/sport mode and clicked the paddle to have it shift where you wanted? Right? I have to get my car on the dyno when I have time and get all this sorted out, that should make it go faster.
    Initially I changed every stinking shift table to get the cars to shift where I want. Now, after much trial and error I only change specific tables. So for my Hellcat that I want to shift in "paddle" mode while also in "Sport" mode I change the "Sport" and "Sport Perf" tables as well as all the "Fstate" tables. I am sure I am still changing more than I need but can't afford to waste hits at the track in this good air.
    Our stock geared, stock exhaust Hellcats both cut 1.37 60's this weekend and mine went 9.4@147. This trans tuning is the bomb!

Initially I changed every stinking shift table to get the cars to shift where I want. Now, after much trial and error I only change specific tables. So for my Hellcat that I want to shift in "paddle" mode while also in "Sport" mode I change the "Sport" and "Sport Perf" tables as well as all the "Fstate" tables. I am sure I am still changing more than I need but can't afford to waste hits at the track in this good air.
    Our stock geared, stock exhaust Hellcats both cut 1.37 60's this weekend and mine went 9.4@147. This trans tuning is the bomb!
    Some killer times! I can't wait to see what the Demons will be able to pull off.

The normal, norm perf, sport tables and so on control auto mode shifting. I set my "sport" mode tables all the same to have trans shift automatically where I want it. Now an exception to that as Mark and I discussed was it seems at times when driving gently it will look at another table...who knows which and upshift when it shouldn't, if I let off the throttle it will quick downshift a couple gears and follow the sport table again. Something to do with the whole "performance factor" thing FCA uses and we have no PID that tells us the lookup points or status, so that's a hard one to track down.

Advanced Tuner
    we have no PID that tells us the lookup points or status, so that's a hard one to track down.
    No kidding!

So Mike, I changed only the State F40 table 1>2 shift to 630 (3000eRPM), and the only time my car will shift at 3K is in Manual>Normal mode using paddles. I even tried leaving in Auto mode and clicking the paddles to engage them and it would shift at the standard shift point of the Normal mode table. This to me confirms those 2 State F tables operate Manual mode paddle shifting...