Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mark@HPT Per our 8-speed conversation at SEMA

Tuner in Training
    Just saying thanks to you gearheads figuring this stuff out to further improve HPTuners and help others out. Great community here.

And a shoutout to Mike @ OST for tuning my supercharged v6 challenger! Really turned my project around as the tune from the vendor ... was pathetic, to say the least.

Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by MSwezey View Post
    Just saying thanks to you gearheads figuring this stuff out to further improve HPTuners and help others out. Great community here.

And a shoutout to Mike @ OST for tuning my supercharged v6 challenger! Really turned my project around as the tune from the vendor ... was pathetic, to say the least.

Happy Holidays!
    What the heck Mike, taking Texas customers to!! That's 2 beers at PRI! Haha

MSwezey, welcome, sadly not all the info gets shared, it's kept in secret as long as possible for the sake of business/money. Some people get to dangerous with to much info...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    What the heck Mike, taking Texas customers to!! That's 2 beers at PRI! Haha

MSwezey, welcome, sadly not all the info gets shared, it's kept in secret as long as possible for the sake of business/money. Some people get to dangerous with to much info...
    Huh! We tune quite a few cars, trucks and Jeeps from Texas! I'll gladly buy you two beers. Looking forward to meeting you in person!.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MSwezey View Post

Happy Holidays!
    Thank you sir!
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

anyone have a problem with the car dumping boost really quick while in paddle shift mode. I have a customers bolt on Hellcat that does this only in Paddle mode. I have attached 2 logs
    Attached Files Attached Files

your out of fuel sigh........ whats the setup?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCP527 View Post
    your out of fuel sigh........ whats the setup?
    2.4 upper 1300 injectors BAP e85 cat delete bwoody intake killer chiller. Car does fine in regular auto or manaual then slap back to auto or any other mode besides Paddle. Its like the Paddle mode has something causing this. It had been running great for a few months and owner just wanted to tune the paddle mode in the trans so it would shift at 6400 like we did the regular modes. Then it started having that problem but only in the paddle modes.
    Last edited by RickClarke23; 12-06-2017 at 10:13 AM.

I hope you never spray it with the bap and run it out like this. You have two options three if you have the IDC limit map unlocked. The first two I will tell you are band-aids. One if you have the injector pulse width map up the max pulse width at the 6200 cell from like 17.2 to 18 you will still be out of injector though and can still hit boost cut if it still tries to keep adding fuel. Second change the highest pulse with in the injector pulse width / fuel mass maps to 17ms which clamps the highest commanded to 17ms. It will send the short term fuel trims high when it hits that cap and still sees it needs fuel though. Last and final is call curt@injected and get the Gasohol duel pump drop in setup and be done with this madness.

Ok you hit 90 IDC past 6200 and you go into boost cut. The map is unlocked on the AC or AD code I forget wich but I have seen it.
    Apparently I'm bad at posting images and had to change it three times for the second log image.

Runing out of fuel pump another BAP tale.jpg
    Runing out of fuel pump another BAP tale 2.jpg
    Last edited by JoshCP527; 12-06-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Oh and ambient increased my injector pulse width by a lot. I dont know how ambient would affect it with a killer chiller I assume a lot because a killer chiller is all post supercharger and does not contribute to the compressor map of the supercharger and the denser the air in IE cold the denser the air out.

Tuner in Training
    Doesn't fuel pressure dropping off a bunch have some effect on this?.. looks like it dips down into the low 60s# on the logs right as the Boost gets dumped off? I found on mine that it tends to try to dump off some boost as soon as it gets under about 75-77psi. I wasn't sure though if this was the cause on mine but I believe this is what its doing.
    I'm also on e85 with stock pump and a BAP unit with 130#s. Looking to upgrade the fuel system very soon on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lidio Iacobelli View Post
    Doesn't fuel pressure dropping off a bunch have some effect on this?.. looks like it dips down into the low 60s# on the logs right as the Boost gets dumped off? I found on mine that it tends to try to dump off some boost as soon as it gets under about 75-77psi. I wasn't sure though if this was the cause on mine but I believe this is what its doing.
    I'm also on e85 with stock pump and a BAP unit with 130#s. Looking to upgrade the fuel system very soon on mine.
    The fuel pressure dropping off is the indicator of the stock pump with a bap not being able to keep up but the injector pulse width hitting past 17.2 at 6200 is why its pulling boost. the injectors should be fine if he has enough pump behind them. I was just giving options the third is what I am doing after doing the second and hard capping my injectors at 17ms as i only hit that when its cold out and its my car and I log when I drive.

Injector Max Pulse Width.png

It is 17.6 not 17.2 sry and is unlocked in both just checked I thought it was only in one but it might of been changed lately I dont really remember as I have never had to change it on ether car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

UPDATE

as stated I needed to bump up the PW max a hair. now it doesn't pull boost and the air fuels are good. looking into upgrading the fuel system though as duty cycle is 92%