Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark@HPT Per our 8-speed conversation at SEMA

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    So Mike, I changed only the State F40 table 1>2 shift to 630 (3000eRPM), and the only time my car will shift at 3K is in Manual>Normal mode using paddles. I even tried leaving in Auto mode and clicking the paddles to engage them and it would shift at the standard shift point of the Normal mode table. This to me confirms those 2 State F tables operate Manual mode paddle shifting...
    Rick, Are you saying that you only see two State F tables? There are five State F , one State A and two State 12 tables in mine. I change them all since I have no idea which ones actually control the paddles in Sport mode.
    Thanks to you we now know that the State F 40 table is used in Normal mode with the Shifter in Manual mode and paddle shift. You mention two State F tables - what is the other one besides F 40?
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Rick, Are you saying that you only see two State F tables? There are five State F , one State A and two State 12 tables in mine. I change them all since I have no idea which ones actually control the paddles in Sport mode.
    Thanks to you we now know that the State F 40 table is used in Normal mode with the Shifter in Manual mode and paddle shift. You mention two State F tables - what is the other one besides F 40?
    No, I have more, just pointing out the ones I know do what. The State F28 controls manual/sport and possibly track mode paddle shifting. Keep in mind that the other tables in this whole unknown section could be for overtemp, limp mode and other scenarios.

Screenshot (6).png

Advanced Tuner
    Rick, are you going to PRI? If so maybe we can chat there over a beer that I owe you

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Rick, are you going to PRI? If so maybe we can chat there over a beer that I owe you
    Haha, yea I'll be there, I fly in Tuesday Dec 5th, leave on Sunday the 10th. Sounds good to me!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    Haha, yea I'll be there, I fly in Tuesday Dec 5th, leave on Sunday the 10th. Sounds good to me!!
    Cool beans. I'll message you my cell# and we can plan on when and where.

ok did testing today when I went to injected's shop and pick up the dual fuel pump setup. Ok after testing and writing down my shift points just up shift as I think the last fstate is for down shift and up shift rpm limits min max.

F27 street D paddles
    F49 Sport Track D paddles
    F28 Sport Track Manual
    F40 Street Manual

I think F47 is for the min upshift rpm with paddles and max rpm down shift. I could down shift with paddles and it would count through the gears till it was bellow set shift rpm.

*EDIT* I will add and manual to the min rpm part as you can shift to 2nd in manual also???????* it would make sense but I havnt changed that table yet to test it.*
    Last edited by JoshCP527; 11-16-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCP527 View Post
    ok did testing today when I went to injected's shop and pick up the dual fuel pump setup. Ok after testing and writing down my shift points just up shift as I think the last fstate is for down shift and up shift rpm limits min max.

F27 street D paddles
    F49 Sport Track D paddles
    F28 Sport Track Manual
    F40 Street Manual

I think F47 is for the min upshift rpm with paddles and max rpm down shift. I could down shift with paddles and it would count through the gears till it was bellow set shift rpm.
    I'm not sure how you are explaining the modes you are in. It's impossible for F47 to be any of the manual modes, it's commanding 1>2 shift at 0, meaning you can never start in 1st, if that was the case, clicking into any kind of manual mode would result in immediate shift into 2nd...even when stopped.

when I say D its drive and just using padles and when i say manual its clicking the shifter over. Yeah unless its a minimum and not really a shift table. manual mode is different. it does not skip shift in manual also. When testing I could down shift to a point and it would just count down each gear till the rpm was bellow set shift rpms. I only changed the shift rpms on each table but f47. the down shift rpms were left the same and in all fstate maps they are infact the same. even f47 minus the 2-1. oh and track and sport were tested in custom and with track and sport on the screen. street was only tested in default.
    Last edited by JoshCP527; 11-16-2017 at 07:35 PM.

I think i am going to just have to change it and see if it locks me out of shifting to second when sitting still.

Oh and some times I would have to touch the gas to over ride the lockouts on up shifting. Now I did also test all gears from a slow roll and it would shift every time at commanded rpm minus the variance when converter was not locked up.

Fstate.png

I could be way off and in fact it is doing like initially though and that is a second gear start map for paddle valet mode, but 6400rpm is odd default for valet mode.

I need to log output rpm and see what rpms are alowed during forced early upshift. I might be looking at it wrong and in fact the down shift table side are also the limiting early paddle upshift table also.
    Last edited by JoshCP527; 11-16-2017 at 08:07 PM.

It won't lock you out of shifting to 2nd, it will always go to 2nd, no 1st. The downshift side of the tables is no surprise they are the same, being in some kind of manual, limp, or overheat mode, downshifting isn't to important.

Well I know they do as commanded on up shift in modes as I stated above. so say your in street trans mode and you down shift with a paddle. F27 if you do not use the paddles again and it stays in paddle manual mode will make every gear change on up shift at around 2500 motor rpm with the settings I showed. hard or light acceleration just have to get output shaft to that rpm. now I could down shift with the paddle and get motor above that rpm when i had my foot on the gas but then as soon as I got to my limit on gear it would count back to the gear it was in and rpm was again bellow 2500.
    Last edited by JoshCP527; 11-16-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Please update to the latest beta when you get a chance. F47 is the only one we arent sure of.

Tested with my Hellcat,
    F27 is Paddles when not in Manual Mode
    F49 is Paddles when not in Manual Mode for Sport/Track

We have updated these to now be in the "normal" list.

I attempted to figure out F47 by messing with it and testing various things, but I got nowhere. It doesn't appear to be the limits for blocking upshift/downshift either. I'll have to dig through this more when I get some time.

Now I am liking this new layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Please update to the latest beta when you get a chance. F47 is the only one we arent sure of.

Tested with my Hellcat,
    F27 is Paddles when not in Manual Mode
    F49 is Paddles when not in Manual Mode for Sport/Track

We have updated these to now be in the "normal" list.

I attempted to figure out F47 by messing with it and testing various things, but I got nowhere. It doesn't appear to be the limits for blocking upshift/downshift either. I'll have to dig through this more when I get some time.
    Steven could the F47 table be manual valet mode? The shift into 2nd at zero would tell me it is some form of valet or maybe a limp mode table...with 1st being locked out.

valet so far does not allow paddles getting tint looked at and will try to see about shifter manual.

It's valet shifter manual. Set all to 3k range and unlocked 1st and shifted out at 3k. 1st would down shift to a higher shift rpm but the others would then shift out till rpm waa bellow 3k.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCP527 View Post
    It's valet shifter manual. Set all to 3k range and unlocked 1st and shifted out at 3k. 1st would down shift to a higher shift rpm but the others would then shift out till rpm waa bellow 3k.
    Just to clarify ... State F47 is Valet Shift in Manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Yes

Advanced Tuner
    Mark and Steven - Thanks for the updated shift table labels! TUTD! Love it! Makes it look more familiar to us 6l80e guys

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Yes that is what it tested to be.