Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What 90 mm Throttle body for 2005 silverado?

Tuner in Training

who wants to see insides of x-link?

Quote Originally Posted by tnbubba View Post
    that kinda what i had envisions but with buffer op amps and i 'll hav eto check the speed onthe 345
    need somentihgn with at least 3x the speed of the processor at open loop
    the 8 pin just has ouputs that reverse each other.. at 1.5-5k i dont have a 90mm to measure..
    porbably nee dsoem R value on output side.,,.
    well since i got no volunteer i ponied up 239 i didnt have and imma gonna carfully hack this thign apart..
    settign up my two throttle bodies to measure the R of the pots relavite to throbble blade position..
    78mm and 90mm gold blade
    then maybe I can fige out how to diy so we can save $$$$$$ over this overpriced tr thing that only works half hte time

Tuner in Training
    Subscribing, as I have a TBSS and TB sitting on the shelf waiting for an X-Link (or better yet, whatever this forum comes up with to duplicate it's function)

Tuner in Training
    well crap my reply went to poof.. wish i had $$ or a donor hate to hack mine but new GB tb due this weekend so i cna do the
    R traking..

cont believe nobody has done this already

it will give my bored audio engineers sumin to do..

I have a TBSS/NBS throttle body I can measure one evening I get some time. Also have stock LS6 C5 TB I can also measure.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    yea mines on truck right now... i have the stick ones but i know what they "should" be..
    witht he holidays havent had time to do squat but if you cna get me measure ments i'd lov eot give ti some guys and get started working on this..

i have about 6 audio projects i needs to finish up for CES right now

Advanced Tuner
    Really interested in this.. btw tech 2 scanner gives a really nice look at the tps voltages

Advanced Tuner
    The 8wire tb has two tps signals that move, in the same directions. With separate high and low refs, you can switch one high and low ref around to make both signals move in the opposite direction for use on a newer pcm. The 6 wire tb only has one internal shared common high and low ref, so you can’t make the two tps signals move in the same direction. Stock they move in opposite directions. I wired both tps 1 and 2 signals to one. And tied the extra reference wires to a resister matching the 8 wire tb. The tech 2, showed perfect high to low voltage swing, and 22%, to 100%, which was very close to stock. I’m not getting any codes. Just says that tps1, and tps2 disagree, and I get reduced power.

I think it’s seeing feedback? Or maybe the signals can’t be 100% the same, they need a little bit of a leg from one to the other? Like ones 4.12volts, while the other is 4.11volts?

If we get a digital signal made from the op-amp circuit, you still likely need to tweak the throttle stops, add a resistor or modify the reduced power tps 1, and tps 2, thresholds.

As the truck 88/90mm tb is slightly different pushed closed and full throttle voltage readings from the 78mm to the 88mm. The ls2 tb might be closer and more forgiving. For example in the Gen 4 pcms I can typically use a car ls2 tb in place of a 88mm tb on a native truck file . But using a car native file to run a truck tb, can give me trouble.

Sometimes you can tweak the throttle stops, on a truck 88mm but it’s tricky and if you go to far the throttle blade sticks.
    Last edited by 04colyZQ8; 12-31-2020 at 11:25 AM.

This is something I had bookmarked from a while back that would be useful information here:

https://www.lsenginediy.com/gm-gen-i...uipment-guide/
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    glad you found this...
    after next week i can start back workgin on this.. its not hard to figure out but imma gonna wok to work onthe 90mm gold blade TB
    simply put becase they are cheap compared to the unobtanium silber blades..
    the problem with the tac moduls is the input impedence form what I cna see

the rest should be opamp simple with the impedence to match the R valuse in the 78mm TB

so far until i work out a workigng circuti imma not gonna cut up my TR adaptor since i have no volunteers to help

i have too many projects going on plus need ot build me a new 383 ish motor for my 300K 5.3 replacement

Bumping for updates.

I bought a X-Link and I dissected this unit.
    There is a piece of 1/2? house hold copper pipe at 3/4? long. Inside the copper pipe is a 1/2? x 3/4? PCB chip board with small parts on both sides.
    I have pictures of both sides.
    I will post them on here. Hopefully someone is good enough to re create this.
    Cause 350$ for 12? of wire and a plug on each end is stupid!
    Pictures coming soon?..

Okay so the small black chips have numbers on them which you cant see in the photos....But they are resistors that say "102" on them which is a 10k OHM

from what I've gathered from this board is the fallowing.....

SMD Resistor
    103 = 10K Ohm
    2001 = 2K Ohm
    3242 = 32.4K Ohm
    1152 = 11.5K Ohm

Purchase a kit from PCBoard.com = https://www.pcboard.ca/smd-resistor-...ent-2000-piece

AWS 5pin IC chip
    Part # (SMD IC) Generic # (STANDARD IC)
    AWS MAX1556ETB/V MAX1556 TDFN-10EP
    AWS TPS60403QDBVRQ1 TPS60403-Q1 SOT-23-5

8pin IC
    2272AQ
    8orBAM
    A74Pgh

These are random part numbers ive tried to gather.
    But the SMD resistors are all spot on.
    I just wasn't good enough with the chip board to figure it all out by myself. Hopefully someone else can step in and help....

Quote Originally Posted by Ace4045 View Post
    I've tried the op-amp circuit. This is the diagram I came up with after buying an X-Link and testing its operation with a multimeter. I was able to exactly replicate the TPS sensor voltage outputs from the X-Link with this circuit however when tested on the vehicle, I could only get the blade to move a few degrees and I would get TAC DTC codes. Not sure what makes the X-Link any different but from my tests it definitely uses an op-amp circuit.

Attachment 105003
    Maybe you can make more sense with the photos I posted then....

Why does this remind me of Monty Python's 'How To Do It' sketch...

Is anybody participating in this fantasy game aware of the rationality tests that are done on the APP & TPS circuits, with one of the two signal lines in each being pulled to ground for a very short time and making sure the other signal circuit doesn't change?

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like all the info is there - why doesn't someone build one

Tuner in Training

Work around for TB and X-Link

Any updates on this?

Tuner in Training
    I know we have beat the ling shit out of this thread. I have a x-link to dissect if anyone wants it to help get this project moving. i know it doesnt work. long story. but since its dead, im hoping we can salvage it for information.