Thread: 2016 Hellcat No Boost at WOT at random times

Tuner in Training

2016 Hellcat No Boost at WOT at random times

I have a 2016 Hellcat with the following mods listed below. Basically the car runs great but at times the car will not go into boost at WOT. Seems to happen when outside Temps/vehicle is still cold and randomly. The car is tuned with Diablo but I'm changing to HPtuners since i've been going through this for a year. I have pulled the tune from the car using HP which I will upload when I get back home but has anyone experienced this issue. Any Pids I should be logging in order to see whats commanding Bypass valve to open? Probably some torque management issue?

2.65 upper
    10% Lower
    Fore Fuel System
    Paramount Trans
    E85 Fuel
    1d1300

Here some screen shots of the torque management section

2017-11-10 (1).png
    2017-11-10 (2).png
    2017-11-10 (4).png
    2017-11-10 (3).png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1bh; 12-11-2017 at 12:32 PM. Reason: pics

Quote Originally Posted by 1bh View Post
    I have a 2016 Hellcat with the following mods listed below. Basically the car runs great but at times the car will not go into boost at WOT. Seems to happen when outside Temps/vehicle is still cold and randomly. The car is tuned with Diablo but I'm changing to HPtuners since i've been going through this for a year. I have pulled the tune from the car using HP which I will upload when I get back home but has anyone experienced this issue. Any Pids I should be logging in order to see whats commanding Bypass valve to open? Probably some torque management issue?

2.65 upper
    10% Lower
    Fore Fuel System
    Paramount Trans
    E85 Fuel
    1d1300

Here some screen shots of the torque management section

2017-11-10 (1).png
    2017-11-10 (2).png
    2017-11-10 (4).png
    2017-11-10 (3).png
    Any progress on this? I am anticipating a fore fuel system when the time comes, I had it on my procharged 300 and it worked well. I would imagine the fore setup is what's causing your problems, but I know nothing. Hopefully you get some good data of why this was happening.

Tuner in Training
    Yes sorry for delay. It ended up being a TQ management issue in regards to trans temp. With the new paramount and the upgraded temperature bypass valve it was taking time for it to warm up thus bypassing the boost. At least that’s what I was told by tuner.

Yes sorry for delay. It ended up being a TQ management issue in regards to trans temp. With the new paramount and the upgraded temperature bypass valve it was taking time for it to warm up thus bypassing the boost. At least that’s what I was told by tuner.
    Glad it got sorted.

Glad it got sorted.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by slowSRT8 View Post
    Any progress on this? I am anticipating a fore fuel system when the time comes, I had it on my procharged 300 and it worked well. I would imagine the fore setup is what's causing your problems, but I know nothing. Hopefully you get some good data of why this was happening.
    The Fore stuff works great on the Cats, there's just a few things that need to be changed in the tune for it.

Tuner in Training
    Well the issue came back. The issue is intermittent which is a pain. I did have a code that popped up that was p00ea which shows up as the temp/pressure sensor but was told it was possibly a TQ management issue

What’s funny is that the car is fine if I do back to back passes but if I try to cool down the car it won’t go into boost for the first 30’ or so and then goes all in.

I set the TQ management settings back to stock but haven’t been able to go to the track to test results. Unfortunately it doesn’t do this in the street.

Well the issue came back. The issue is intermittent which is a pain. I did have a code that popped up that was p00ea which shows up as the temp/pressure sensor but was told it was possibly a TQ management issue

What’s funny is that the car is fine if I do back to back passes but if I try to cool down the car it won’t go into boost for the first 30’ or so and then goes all in.

I set the TQ management settings back to stock but haven’t been able to go to the track to test results. Unfortunately it doesn’t do this in the street.
    How could it do it on the track, but not the street? Did you talk to Bill about this? Maybe this is what his built trans does and you just have to warm it up first. Sounds like you are still experiencing the same thing you mentioned before and the trans is cooling and then you have to wait for warmup again. Has it ever done this when the trans was warm? Maybe there is a way to calibrate that sensor differently. Try to stock TM settings and try to recreate the problem.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by slowSRT8 View Post
    How could it do it on the track, but not the street? Did you talk to Bill about this? Maybe this is what his built trans does and you just have to warm it up first. Sounds like you are still experiencing the same thing you mentioned before and the trans is cooling and then you have to wait for warmup again. Has it ever done this when the trans was warm? Maybe there is a way to calibrate that sensor differently. Try to stock TM settings and try to recreate the problem.

I know it’s crazy. I’m going to call Bill and see if there’s something i’m Missing.

Anyone know what’s pids might help solve this mystery? Is there a maximum amount of channels I can log before I lose useful resolution?

Tuner in Training
    Well got a new file from a different tuner and issue went away. Not sure what the fix was but its fixed. Thanks

Well got a new file from a different tuner and issue went away. Not sure what the fix was but its fixed. Thanks
    PM sent

Advanced Tuner
    Does it go into full boost during any WOT command no matter the outside temps & no matter how long the vehicles has been running?
    Probably eliminated all the TQ MGNT parameters that would impact boost.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by * _ * View Post
    Does it go into full boost during any WOT command no matter the outside temps & no matter how long the vehicles has been running?
    Probably eliminated all the TQ MGNT parameters that would impact boost.
    Basically received a new file from another tuner and seemed to work fine. I looked at the TQ settings and there’s more items enabled with the new tune. Dunno I’m definitely not a tuner but learned a lot of new things with the posts on the site. Hope the issue is gone since I’ve been dealing with it for a long time.

Only time I ever had an issue was during “rolling of the throttle” in first gear after I cooled it down at the track. It has done it in the street but not consistently.