Thread: Lifelong Mopar guy new to the tuning world needs help

Potential Tuner

Lifelong Mopar guy new to the tuning world needs help

Hi guys, I am a lifelong carb and dizzy guy and now Im venturing into the world of late model Mopars I want to be able to continue tuning myself. I have the HP tuners software and now Im looking to find the very best place to learn late model Hemi tuning. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks in advance !

Tuner in Training
    Unlike the GM world, the Mopar guys like us do not really have a step by step guide book that spells things out. It takes a lot of digging through forum posts and asking the right questions, as well as trial and error. The other thing that can be helpful is going to the tune repository and looking at other vehicles tunes to see how various things have been changed, year to year, or model to model. There is a good starter how to on here by 06300SRT8 which will give you a base to start from.

Tuner
    The write up from 06300SRT8 is for a supercharged car with supporting mods so keep that in mind when reading through it. But it is still a good start for anything hemi.

Potential Tuner
    Guys thanks for the feedback ! I have read a few of 06300SRT8's post and he seems like a very knowledgeable guy, I hear you guys say there is no reference book for us Mopar guys but is there online Mopar tuning courses available I wonder ? thanks again for your time

Tuner in Training
    The Tuning School I believe has a Hellcat course, but again it would not be completely applicable to an NA car, especially the added capabilities of the factory wideband.

Tuner
    There's no real Dodge beginners course but as stated above comparing tunes is a start. Don't be afraid to ask questions on here as most of us are more than willing to help. Torque management changes would probably be the one area I would caution you on as to looking at various tunes. Some guys just throw all caution to the wind and burn transmissions up just to make the throttle stay open (mostly 8 speed stuff) so tread lightly. Good luck and welcome to a whole new world lol