Thread: airflow vs voltage and MAF airflow vs period 2011 GT500

airflow vs voltage and MAF airflow vs period 2011 GT500

as the title says, i've been tweaking the period table all day and i noticed that it is just a headache. Because in every write, i see different results

or maybe I don't understand the difference between these 2 tables

any input will be appreciated

Tuner
    Mesho-27, if the MAF Type selected is Digital then only the MAF Airflow vs. Period table will be used. This is the default selection and should be used. The higher the period number then the closer to idle you are (lower airflow number) and vice versa.

Advanced Tuner
    I have kinda the same problem, in that I can tweak on these, write to the car, (2014 GT500) and do it again, and my trims are off again. Not just 5% or so, but something like 20% or so. I also have a big difference in bank one vs bank two, this way of tuning assumes both banks are burning the same, but in fact, they're not.

I think this is part of my problem, what do we do to correct the differences in bank to bank tuning?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    I have kinda the same problem, in that I can tweak on these, write to the car, (2014 GT500) and do it again, and my trims are off again. Not just 5% or so, but something like 20% or so. I also have a big difference in bank one vs bank two, this way of tuning assumes both banks are burning the same, but in fact, they're not.

I think this is part of my problem, what do we do to correct the differences in bank to bank tuning?
    MRRPMBRP, I always make sure to disable LTFT while tuning the MAF. When finished then I re-enable LTFT. Also check for vacuum leaks after the MAF and exhaust leaks (prior to the O2 sensors). You may also want to check your O2 sensors themselves.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
    MRRPMBRP, I always make sure to disable LTFT while tuning the MAF. When finished then I re-enable LTFT. Also check for vacuum leaks after the MAF and exhaust leaks (prior to the O2 sensors). You may also want to check your O2 sensors themselves.
    Really??
    I am new to this type ecu tuning, bought the tuning school book, and their technique shows tuning the MAF via using the LTFT. In other words, this is how you tune the MAF. Seems to work good, (except I'm not repeating)

If this isn't correct, then how is tuning MAF done?

I will also install new O2 sensors, see if it makes any difference.

Also, do you see a difference much in STFT from bank one to bank two, as I'm seeing?

Not to hijack this thread or anything, just learning.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    Really??
    I am new to this type ecu tuning, bought the tuning school book, and their technique shows tuning the MAF via using the LTFT. In other words, this is how you tune the MAF. Seems to work good, (except I'm not repeating)

If this isn't correct, then how is tuning MAF done?

I will also install new O2 sensors, see if it makes any difference.

Also, do you see a difference much in STFT from bank one to bank two, as I'm seeing?

Not to hijack this thread or anything, just learning.
    There are a couple of ways to tune the MAF (STFT, LTFT, and STFT & LTFT). I just prefer to use only STFT on the GT500s since they have the built-in widebands. This way you don't have too much auto learning going on behind the scenes while you get close with the STFT and the MAF. Once you are close then turn the LTFT on use both. It's just a preference really from what I have seen. You'll always see the banks be a little different but they should be within a couple % at most different.

Mesho-27, if the MAF Type selected is Digital then only the MAF Airflow vs. Period table will be used. This is the default selection and should be used. The higher the period number then the closer to idle you are (lower airflow number) and vice versa.
    that's exactly what i thought. i tuned an 09 with almost the same setup on this car i'm tuning. should I change the maf type to analog and tune the voltage table?

thanks for the help

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesho-27 View Post
    that's exactly what i thought. i tuned an 09 with almost the same setup on this car i'm tuning. should I change the maf type to analog and tune the voltage table?

thanks for the help
    No definitely leave it digital and use MAF Airflow vs Period. Do it the same way though where you do an idle rev step and then adjust the period airflow by percentage off in the STFT.

Advanced Tuner
    2007-2010 use MAF voltage
    2011-2014 use MAF period(do not touch voltage)

No definitely leave it digital and use MAF Airflow vs Period. Do it the same way though where you do an idle rev step and then adjust the period airflow by percentage off in the STFT.
    i'm going to give that a shot and see what i can do with it

this thing will be a beast once its done

i don't know why it acts up sometimes but i'll try new things with it.

i'll update you guys

thanks for replying though

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    2007-2010 use MAF voltage
    2011-2014 use MAF period(do not touch voltage)
    yeah I know. i just didn't know why