Thread: No throttle in gear swapped motor

Tuner in Training

No throttle in gear swapped motor

We've got a Gen V motor swapped into a land rover defender and everything is working fine except when in gear the throttle stops working. If it's in park or neutral everything works great. I found some threads referring to this problem on Gen 4 setups. Those said to disable "brake torque management" which I did. It also mentions grounding an ECU wire but that ECU is completely different so that doesn't help.

Also wanted to note that we are using the original transmission and modified wiring harness. The trans seems to be talking to the ECU since I am getting speed data out of it.
    Last edited by banzairx7; 11-13-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Tuner in Training
    ECU is actually going into limp mode and throwing these codes when put in gear-

P16F3 - Redundant Memory
    P2635 - Fuel Pump flow performance. I am not using the FPCM and have it set to none in software. Don't think I should be getting this code. Pressure is sitting around 80psi. unless it's angry about it being too high.
    P279A - 4WD Hi range. Engine & trans were out of a 4wd truck and is now using a land rover transfer case. Not sure how to set the ecu to think it's 2wd to ignore the lack of a transfer case.

Tuner in Training
    Fixed the P2635. Set the desired fuel pressure to 575 kpa across the board. My guess is it's the 4wd code kicking it into limp mode. That P16F3 seems pretty common and doesn't keep the vehicle from moving.

Is your swap complete network? What transmission is being used? You must match it up. I do these swaps alot and have ran into many problems. What harness is being used?

Tuner in Training
    We only have the engine ecm. No body module. Trans is a 6L80 that is from the same truck as ECU and engine. Harness is the original that we have modified. To sum up- ECU, harness and trans are all from the same donor vehicle and those are the only components we have.

Post the tune and pics of the swap. You need to run a MAF as well. Delete any trouble codes that show.
    Last edited by vannatta20; 11-17-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I'm having a similar problem with an L83 5.3 and 6l80e, but no throttle response regardless of gear or neutral. would like to know if you find a fix for yours

Tuner in Training
    Got it fixed up this morning. We installed a 2WD ECU and it is happy again.

Jacob- Make sure you are using the throttle pedal from the same vehicle as the motor. We had that problem when we tried to use a corvette pedal. Even though it was the same year/ecu generation it didn't work.

IMG_20171120_073204.jpg

IMG_20171120_073211.jpg
    Last edited by banzairx7; 11-20-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Tuner
    I'm having same issue no pedal in gear.. what was your fix swapping the ecm with new one? The only code I'm getting is fuel pressure sensor a. And p16e4..I swapped pin d and f.on pedal sensor and I loose complete throttle..so I know the harness is pinned for a truck pedal..any info would be appreciated thanks