Thread: BA ECU not reading

Tuner in Training

BA ECU not reading

vcm says the ecu has been flashed with another software and they can't help. looking for easiest , cheapest way to fix the problem. Possibly new ecu or flashing by ford ?

Tuner in Training
    I got a message from vcm , i asked about swapping the ecu . They said " You can try that if you want sir "
    Am i crazy expecting better answers ?

Hahaha yep typical VCM bhullshittt mate

Tow it to ford and request a full IDS pair of the system to the latest strategy/update on the vehicle then read and license the ecu in the carpark but make sure you can “tune” to suit the mods then and there or you’ll need to install stock injectors for instance and drive it on the factory reset calibration ford put in

This can also be done by someone with a bosch LT scanner/VCM2 device and a subscription of the ford IDS
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help, the guy even said i looked at the file for you but i 'm into ls and don't know much about Australian ford. I get the opinion that we are on our own. Maybe i expect too much in todays market. I contacted ford yesterday , they said they would get back today with a price and didn't . I'm sure service is dead.I wanted a price because they charged a mate $400.00 to re key a falcon. I checked on youtube and a guy did the download to a ford in 8 min , so hope it's reasonable price.

Tuner in Training
    It does drive run ok

Yeh support here is junk mate I wouldn’t of even bothered, they love the short reply’s with zero information or advice

IDS re pair takes a few minutes yes and it can be anywhere from $50 to $150 depending on the dealerships
    $400 is a bit excessive, some performance workshops have the ford IDS hardware/software so you might get a better response at a workshop

Where you located ?
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner in Training
    Rockhampton QLD , thanks for your help

Last ecu reset i did cost $50

Tuner in Training
    thanks

Advanced Tuner
    if you need to swap the ecu you can pair ba/bf1 modules with forscan and an elm327 style obd2 reader.
    for curiosity sake, what did it say when you tried to read the pcm?

Tuner in Training
    I started to read the ecu and at first it said it could not read, after some reading i figured out how to continue. I pulled vin, i checked and it was the right vin.
    I entered the ecu type manually, it read but at the end said that it could not be opened or used.
    I saved anyway and tried to open. It would not open.

Advanced Tuner
    i used to have more luck with those kinds of reads using an older version of hp, 2.9 I think.
    you used black oak 1472k as the ecu type?

Tuner in Training
    yes i tried both ecu types only one worked to the end, the other cut out about a third the way through

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpngo View Post
    I started to read the ecu and at first it said it could not read, after some reading i figured out how to continue. I pulled vin, i checked and it was the right vin.
    I entered the ecu type manually, it read but at the end said that it could not be opened or used.
    I saved anyway and tried to open. It would not open.
    That usually means the PCM could be read. Because HP Tuners does not have it mapped it will say it cannot be opened. This is something SCT do with their X4 flash device to stop HP Tuners opening the file. It is easily resolved.

Tuner in Training
    I had hoped so but they said nothing could be done, i question if they tried

Advanced Tuner
    ive had the most luck reading sct tunes with older versions. with the newer versions it might read the file but then tell me it cant be saved or edited as the checksum is incorrect. the older version seemed to fix the checksum so it could be saved/edited.
    no idea if it will actually help in this case though.
    if you'd like I could upload an old version somewhere for you to download?

Tuner in Training
    That would be great to try , thanks, [email protected] . Im not sure why but the vcm guy asked i dump all older versions and run the newest betta, not sure why. I did see on some searches that people had better luck with old versions but could not find where to download them from .
    That would be a big help thanks . Not being a computer wiz , quick question . Can i run both and not have the old version overwritten with the new one? Would i save it to a memory stick, remove new one and load the old one or something like that ?

Advanced Tuner
    sent you an email with the link.
    this has a bit of info on how to run 2 version at the same time but I thought there was a better thread.
    https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...-same-computer

Tuner in Training
    Thanks , I'll let you know how it goes. I'm pulling all the lpg wiring out at the moment just in case it's causing the problem . It's a prins vapor injection with it's own computer and was told it may be causing the problem so i had to pull the ecu to rewire it . I figured out those bolts , I ground slots for a big screwdriver and they came out fine.