Thread: [ECM] 2257 - DFCO Enable RPM Hysteresis Question

Tuner

[ECM] 2257 - DFCO Enable RPM Hysteresis Question

I can not wrap my head around what this is; does this mean you have to drop the specific RPM before DFCO will enable? This a GMT400 L31 truck I'm tuning on and I want the DFCO to pickup quickly and stay enabled as long as possible so I'd want a value lower than the factory 2,000 RPM, correct?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by C10Racer View Post
    I can not wrap my head around what this is; does this mean you have to drop the specific RPM before DFCO will enable?
    Yes that is how far the rpm must drop to enter into DFCO.

Quote Originally Posted by C10Racer View Post
    This a GMT400 L31 truck I'm tuning on and I want the DFCO to pickup quickly and stay enabled as long as possible so I'd want a value lower than the factory 2,000 RPM, correct?
    The 2,000 rpm is different then what you speak of above. This is when it will turn the fuel back on. I would lower this in all gears except 1st.

I have had good success in doing this. If done right the customer will more then likely not notice the fuel being turned back on or will enjoy knowing it is working. Get them involved and then each time they do feel it they will remember you did that to increase their fuel mileage.

If you have more questions just fire away

Spence