Thread: 2 BAR vs 3BAR MAP sensor resolution. I have a question.

2 BAR vs 3BAR MAP sensor resolution. I have a question.

When it comes to tuning, is there a benefit to having a 3 bar MAP sensor if boost levels don't plan to be over 14PSI?
    I'd assume using the same voltage range, a 2 bar has better resolution per step of voltage and would be more forgiving in the tune.

I'd love to hear some thoughts.

Advanced Tuner
    Correctly answered your own question there bud

Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Correctly answered your own question there bud
    Finally! I answer a lot of my own questions...just not always correctly.
    Then the question is: is there enough of a benefit from the added resolution to spend extra time adapting a 2bar MAP where one doesn't bolt on?

I started working on an adapter to use the Hellcat MAP/IAT sensor on the 5.7/6.4 cars to get a 2 BAR sensor as well as a post-supercharger IAT.

Tuner
    The SRT Caliber IAT sensor works well if you don't mind drilling and tapping a hole for it. Mopar 56027872 http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....=6611040&jsn=3

On your A bomb if your using the mod man intake it works great. Also another thing you can do if your map sensor reading isn't smooth due to the pulses of that roots blower is build a small box about 2"x 4" x about 10" long and mount your map sensor in it. Connect the buffer box to the manifold with a -6 or -8 line. This will help smooth out the erratic pulses the MAP sensor may see when in the intake with the blower and no intercooler. If that's an issue :-)

Quote Originally Posted by UHemiNow View Post
    The SRT Caliber IAT sensor works well if you don't mind drilling and tapping a hole for it. Mopar 56027872 http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....=6611040&jsn=3

On your A bomb if your using the mod man intake it works great. Also another thing you can do if your map sensor reading isn't smooth due to the pulses of that roots blower is build a small box about 2"x 4" x about 10" long and mount your map sensor in it. Connect the buffer box to the manifold with a -6 or -8 line. This will help smooth out the erratic pulses the MAP sensor may see when in the intake with the blower and no intercooler. If that's an issue :-)
    That's a great idea for the MAP. I'm sure there's some pretty turbulent stuff happening in there.
    I'm actually using the 392 IAT epoxied in a brass fitting. I wish I had known about that Caliber IAT earlier.
    Thanks!