Thread: Any tips on squeezing a little more power out of a 2.2L s10?(pe delay,torque man etc)

Any tips on squeezing a little more power out of a 2.2L s10?(pe delay,torque man etc)

as the title says,just looking to squeeze a little more power out of my 2000 2.2L s10..im relatively new to tuning and this pcm.. the pcm in this s10 is quite a bit different than my 0411 pcm in my ls swapped iroc and other 98+ ls powered vehicles ive played with thus far, but I know from experience a few tweaks to the pe delay,torque management etc on the v8 ls powered cars/trucks can really wake them up..so,i was curious is this the same with the 4 bangers?..basically,what would be some relatively easy changes I could make to wake this thing up a little bit?(pe delay,torque management,advance timing etc)..its a beater so I don't really want to put a wideband in it and get real in depth with the tune,just wanna be able to get up to highway speeds a bit quicker..it has a cold air intake,gutted cat,zero emissions and an electric cooling fan..i attached a copy of the current tune file and a short data log of regular in town driving,any tips would be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BMFIROC-Z; 11-15-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Nobody has any tips??

Wow,ok..gettin help on this site is like pulling teeth..unless ya got money to throw around no one will help,thanks peeps.

It's not a platform that is popular nor are you really going to gain anything from tuning it in stock form.

Play with the tune youself, get your own hands dirty instead of just asking for help sometimes. That can be the only way to learn what works and what doesn't sometimes.

Just from a brief look at that calibration it already commands a fairly lean AFR at full throttle with decent timing. Could it take more, maybe but you'd have to try it and it would need a wideband to confirm fueling. Otherwise nothing is really holding it back, they just don't make any power to begin with. You could quicken the shift speeds and up the shift pressure to make the 4L60e shift better if you wanted.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFIROC-Z View Post
    Wow,ok..gettin help on this site is like pulling teeth..unless ya got money to throw around no one will help,thanks peeps.
    - Try to "unlock" torque management, max all the stuff out. This should increase area under the torque curve, but not so much peak power.

- Look into getting setup to run E85, you'll be able to run more timing from a cooler charge and higher octane...poor mans race gas

- Nitrous kit is a good value, with a conservative wet system you'll be fine, people who run at the cliff's edge blow up their engine, 50hp shot is unlikely to cause any danger to manifold =)

- Turbocharging is going to be your best value hp/dollar wise. Kids like boostedbois and hackard garage have eliminated the following excuses when it comes to turbocharging: 1) It's too hard, 2) it's too expensive. Since you have a tuner, you can adjust fueling and timing to suit at no extra cost.
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T