Thread: 2015 Coyote Whipple runs strong but is holding back

2015 Coyote Whipple runs strong but is holding back

Take a look at my log. The car is pulling hard but seems to level off or hold back and its not the timing or fuel or throttle that I can see. The RPMS and speed level off as you can see.

This is 3rd and 4th gear.
    Manual trans.
    Whipple Stage 2 with 132mm throttlebody, 3.625" upper
    1 7/8 headers
    3" exhaust

New to the Coyote world coming from a CTS-V

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    17-11-16 22-29-58.hpl

Your speed seems to level off like you said. I'd start logging ALL Map Points, Torque source, spark source, and Fuel source first to see what it's doing. I'd also log brake tq, scheduled tq, desired brake tq, ETC tq request and VCT schedule mode along with your intake and exhaust cam angles.

Ok I'll select all those channels and post up another log tomorrow night. Thx!

Senior Tuner
    What kind of laptop are you using to log with and how do you have it secured during these pulls? looks like the usb connection may not have been very secure either in the laptop or in the interface. Zoomed in on a graph showing count you see negative numbers, Which i'm guessing is missing poll data.

Tuner in Training
    Are you also feeling this during a pull or just seeing it in the log? As said above, could be a data issue. Seems like it cut out while recording.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    What kind of laptop are you using to log with and how do you have it secured during these pulls? looks like the usb connection may not have been very secure either in the laptop or in the interface. Zoomed in on a graph showing count you see negative numbers, Which i'm guessing is missing poll data.
    I was thinking the same. Gonna log it as normal tonight and see. Didnt feel like it was holding back.

Seperate question- I noticed that my MAP has started working and logging in the VCM. I dont know if its become available very recently like yesterday or I changed something that its now showing. I was told the Coyote cars dont have a MAP sensor so how can I be getting a reading? The kpa seems about right as well from what I've heard my combo should make. Cold air about 45 degrees saw about 175 at the hit to about 210kpa at 7800. So about 15 psi in cold air seems about right for Whipple, 132mm tb, 1 7/8" ARH headers to 3" exhaust with 3.625 pulley. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Racerbox77; 11-17-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Senior Tuner
    It's what the ecu is calculating from the speed density. It can be accurate, but I wouldn't put too much trust in it, compared to an actual sensor and gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    It's what the ecu is calculating from the speed density. It can be accurate, but I wouldn't put too much trust in it, compared to an actual sensor and gauge.
    Thanks Murfie. Its a gradual curve and seems accurate but after talking to a local tuner he said my car should be around 11-12 psi and based on my 19 or so ign timing at WOT on 93 he says not likely I'm getting 15psi.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    are you not using a boost gauge? probably not a bad idea to invest in one...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"