Thread: 411 pcm

Tuner in Training

411 pcm

The 411 PCM was for a V6 I have a 6.0 complete with harness. The original PCM fried. I need to reprogram from V6 to V8 settings. How? I changed everything in editor under engine but will not start get a backfire. When I put fried PCM in it starts but some circuits are not working so cant be properly tune with it.

Just spit balling an idea here or possible thing to try anyway, have you looked into a segment swap with a matching OS to put the stock 6.0 file into the 411 computer you have right now?

That would swap everything over including something you may have missed like firing order, MAF/MAP sensor data or things of that nature.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    No how do I segment swap. I have tons of 6.0 tunes in my computer

You'd open your tune file that you are working with, then choose another file with the compare feature that uses the same exact operating system as your original file.

Like for example the OS is a 12208322, then find another OS that is the same but is a 6.0 file. Click compare again and at the bottom is the segment swap feature. You can segment in the Engine tab and the Engine Diag tab if both OS's match. If it worked your original tune file will now be as if it was a 6.0 truck file to begin with. It's a very popular feature with guys doing 4L80e swaps in their 4L60e vehicles.

HP Tuners has a thread on it as well.

This was just a suggestion. Perhaps something you could try and test out. Otherwise you may just have the wrong settings in your current tune that aren't allowing it to run. Without seeing it, can't confirm that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I found it in Segment swap I will try it Thank You
    Last edited by redline_customs; 11-17-2017 at 12:48 AM.

I thought the cylinder count in the vcm was determined by the vin programmed in the controller? Like you need to change the 8th digit of the vin number in the vcm to achieve what you are trying to do.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 11-18-2017 at 07:00 PM.