Thread: 2012 6.7 flash advice

Tuner in Training

2012 6.7 flash advice

Hi all

as you guys know, when you cannot read out a 2012 6.7 ecm, you are supplied with a stock file.
    as stated by hptuners, you just can flash in the modded file, the patch seems to be applied on the very first upload, no other action is needed (VIN from the truck is transferred to the new file??) ..correct so far?

my question now, if someone sends me over a tune for a 6.7, same year, etc. can i upload this file, or must i change something? if yes, how can this be done?

any answer would be great!

thank you

Reini

Hey Reini
    I'm a nooby so don't take my answer as set in stone.

Reading through the forum it appears you have to add ALL changes everytime.
    The best way to do that is Compare file, you can go tab by tab, table by table and see/change the differences.

I haven't been able to get into my truck yet due to Check sums issues.
    I did compare file on my Camaro and it works pretty good, any differences are highlighted.

Take care

Dan
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner
    yup agreed with above. When i received a tune to try i just went tab by tab and changed it over to my read file. You can not just upload it.
    2005 Dodge 2500
    80% over injectors, 5" turbo back exhaust, HP Tuners, ARP head studs.
    Intake, Tater Built Turbo 67/67, Fleece 750 Powerflow CP3.
    2.5" front lvl kit, 35's on Soto 20x10s