Thread: MDS support

Potential Tuner

MDS support

Does anyone here have a list of the chrysler/dodge vehicles that hptuners supports disabling MDS? I have ask hptuners tech support for this information and the only thing they can say is send me the calibration file and we will test it. I have customers who call asking if I can disable MDS and I can't give them an answer. Surely disabling a feature like this has been tested across the hptuners spectrum of vehicles by someone there.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know if they will make a "list" of vehicles that MDS can be disabled, but I disabled a 16 Ram gas truck, but the MDS flag stated that it was still active. Even though you can tell that is not active. I know that doesn't answer your question, but I'm going to assume that you can just disable it in the tab. I couldn't visually verify it by the MDS active flag in the scanner, but you could immediately tell it was not active by driving it.

Tuner in Training
    One way that you might check or build your own reference list is to go to the tune repository and download an example of the vehicle in question to see if it has this option. As of yet, I have not seen an example of a vehicle with MDS that cannot be shut off in the Mopar camp.

Potential Tuner
    Hi and thanks for your response. I have been looking at one of HP Tuners sample calibration on a 2006 Chrysler 300 with MDS. I also have a calibration file from a 2016 Ram 2500 with 6.4L engine. I see in both the files only two parameters regarding MDS. Both are under Engine - Idle and related to Min drive MDS and Min P/N MDS. I see nowhere else that allows me to globally disable MDS. I have two Witech 2's and I know personally that Chrysler offers a calibration file with MDS and one without on the 2017 Ram 2500 HD with 6.4L but that only applies to certain models. Under what tab is the parameter to disable MDS in HP Tuners?

Try Engine > Fuel > General, the at the left up top is Multi Displacement System.

You need to be in advanced view to see every table. Edit > View > Advanced.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you 5FDP!!!!! You have now idea how long I have dealt with HP Tuners tech support on this with zero support. I was not in advance viewing mode. That simple!!!

Tuner in Training
    Thanks 5FDP . I too was not aware of the advanced view ... I just purchased my HP tuner for the express purpose of disabling MDS and was beginning to panic when I couldn't find it.