Thread: 2018 Silverado

Tuner in Training

2018 Silverado

I am new to tuning. I have The Suite, updated to 3.6xx, scanner off, no tunes open and can't get editor to read. Open the file and have trans info, vss info and basic vehicle info but nothing in the engine tab. Additionally, I try to open Gen V layout files in scanner and find no info in them. I have licensed the truck. Any ideas?
    Last edited by thebigouch; 11-25-2017 at 05:46 AM. Reason: grammar

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support, you'll likely get better results using 3.7 on 2018 applications.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Will do. Thanks

Same problem here... Didn't see a version 3.7 so either it is not out yet or the 7E8 ECM is not supported...

3.7 is only available once you email support because it's a beta, they have to put it on your customer page for you.

Now with it being the holiday weekend, you're likely not going to hear back from them until monday or tuesday.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

swell

Quote Originally Posted by thebigouch View Post
    Will do. Thanks
    Beta worked good over the weekend. Got a decent engine tune done as well as a trans tune. tweaking the balance from here...

Advanced Tuner
    What are the risk factors when requesting and to use a beta over the community accessible software?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Tuner in Training
    I haven't had any issues at all. Perhaps someone more familiar with converting to the "commercial" software can elaborate, a hiccup may be encountered when tuning outside of the beta version.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigouch View Post
    I am new to tuning. I have The Suite, updated to 3.6xx, scanner off, no tunes open and can't get editor to read. Open the file and have trans info, vss info and basic vehicle info but nothing in the engine tab. Additionally, I try to open Gen V layout files in scanner and find no info in them. I have licensed the truck. Any ideas?
    I just installed it with mpvi2 and works great on my 2018 z71