Thread: 2007 Ion 2.4 convert manual PCM to auto??

Potential Tuner

2007 Ion 2.4 convert manual PCM to auto??

hello folks!

I have a buddy who purchased a PCM online for a 2007 Ion 2.4 auto for dirt cheap. it came in today and starts the vehicle just fine, but it won't shift out of park. This leads me to believe that the PCM he received is for a manual car and not an auto. Can I read the tune from his old PCM and somehow flash it to the new one? Will just changing the PCM to auto bring up the tables required in the tune?? trying to save him a tow to the dealership, it'll cost about the same to tune it anyways lol

Yes you could read the other computer and the new computer you just got to see what each say. If the option in the calibration was there to switch it from a manual to auto, it won't just magically make all the tables functions because that specific calibration was not designed for a auto.

Can you bypass the shift lock to on the shifter to see if it goes from park to drive?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    We can give it a shot, I can't say that we have tried that yet... I need someone here with some experience with the segment swapper I think. I downloaded two tunes from the repo for a 07 Ion 2.4, one auto, and one manual. I can see that i can swap a list of segments...
    segments.png
    would selecting all from the auto PCM to the new manual one also swap the auto trans cfg?? If it didn't cost $100 I would have answered my question already...

Potential Tuner
    This Ion has the 2.2 engine.