Thread: No option to license vehicle,

Potential Tuner

No option to license vehicle,

Good evening fellow gear heads, i recently got into this tuning face so you might see me on here often. I recently purchased the software and followed all the steps to activate it as well but whenever i go to reading a file it does not give me the option to license it. Any help would be appreciated

Try to click save on the file you pulled from the vehicle, see if it asks you to license it then.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ive tried that several time already sir, and it still does not give me the option, i can adjust everything on their but when ever i go to writing it says the vehicle is unlicensed

Maybe try deleting any file you pulled from the vehicle, make sure you are using the most up to date 3.6 software from your customer page and read entire again.

Past that I can't really say why it won't give you the option to spend the 2 credits or whatever to license the file.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Maybe try deleting any file you pulled from the vehicle, make sure you are using the most up to date 3.6 software from your customer page and read entire again.

Past that I can't really say why it won't give you the option to spend the 2 credits or whatever to license the file.
    I will check into that sir much appreciated

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support with the .hpt & infolog, we have a few things you can try.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    email support with the .hpt & infolog, we have a few things you can try.

What do you mean by the .HPT and .INFOLOG

.HPT and .HPL is like the end of the tune file or log file you save.

So if you name your new tune file corvette base it would turn it into corvettebase.hpt. You'll see it when people post tunes in the forum, they'll end in a hpt or hpl.

So whatever you save the file as will be your .HPT file and the info log in clicking the blue information icon while connected to the vehicle. Save that and send it to support at hptuners.com

Potential Tuner
    I'm having this same issue. Was there a resolution that did not require sending logs to HPT?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by synergyperf View Post
    I'm having this same issue. Was there a resolution that did not require sending logs to HPT?
    Typically for licensing issues there is a smidge of troubleshooting we need to do which will require you sending information to HPT.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Typically for licensing issues there is a smidge of troubleshooting we need to do which will require you sending information to HPT.
    i have submitted several debugs and info logs and my issue still isn't fixed
    Screenshot (15).png

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by synergyperf View Post
    did you get it fixed

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertIII09 View Post
    Good evening fellow gear heads, i recently got into this tuning face so you might see me on here often. I recently purchased the software and followed all the steps to activate it as well but whenever i go to reading a file it does not give me the option to license it. Any help would be appreciated
    did you get it fixed