Thread: ESP and BAS Systems

Advanced Tuner

ESP and BAS Systems

Is it possible to have HPT remove or set the triggers to a different value? It takes note of the steering angle using other sensors to determine if something is not "straight". Can HPT influence this any?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Anybody have any idea's?

Disabling the ESP on my vehicle was easy....
    Engine
    General Tab
    Size
    Engine Size: (whatever liter your engine is)
    Displacement: 0.0L

So for my vehicle:
    Engine Size: 3.6L
    Displacement: 0.0L
    This disables the ESP on my vehicle totally Vs using the traction control button which disables it partially
    To reEnable it I would need to change the 0.0L back to the 3.6L for my engine and refresh the pcm

Tuner in Training
    Do you get errors on dash with this method?

yes

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

is it possible to esp a little lower with displacement setting higher ?

If yes, this would help by supercharging….

Tuner in Training
    Hey brr I gotta ask how in the world did you ever know changing displacement value to 0.0 would disable the ESP? Thanks

Just read, what HP explain….

The question is, did it disable it completely by changing to another value or is it variable ???

Potential Tuner
    Bas /esp light can be disabled by driving and then holding key on . It is re enabled by turning off the car then back on. I had found the center motion sensor on the trans tunnel under center console. Was cut on my 2010 police charge and traction lights we're on until it was fixed. There is a cheap $50 program that is an emulator that lets you program.the BAS and ESP to be not equipped. Literally as simple as a check box. Light on the dash don't turn on at key cycle and car doesn't know it has them. To re enable them same deal recheck the box and reprogram easy

Quote Originally Posted by jhcasey View Post
    Hey brr I gotta ask how in the world did you ever know changing displacement value to 0.0 would disable the ESP? Thanks
    I talked to a tuner a few years ago about me having issues at Chryslers @ Carlisle during the autocross that the pcm kept pulling my throttle when making the hard turns. He stated that even though my traction control was turned off, it only shut down half of the system so ESP was kicking in when I made the hard turns. He told me that setting the displacement to 0 would totally disable the ESP setting but my traction control light would stay on. If I wanted the setting to be reactivated I would need to reflash the pcm back to the actual displacement. Needless to say I have had this off since 2019, my last autocross at Chryslers @ Carlisle......
    Note: this is on my 2013 Avenger
    Last edited by brr; 03-16-2023 at 01:00 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks brr.