Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hellcat uncontrollable knock

Jay do you want me to log before flashing the new inverse tables or after?

I have updated the tune file on the laptop but haven't flashed it yet so was wondering. Did the numbers look okay to you?

Advanced Tuner
    Preferably with the matching tables, histo that matches the fuel mass that's in your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    Preferably with the matching tables, histo that matches the fuel mass that's in your tune.
    Tables are both set in editor and scanner so I am ready for logs when I get off in 2 hours.

One thing I noticed with looking at my last log. My manifold pressure showed 222 KPA at full throttle in the middle to upper powerband. I multiplied that number by .145 to convert to PSI, and then subtracted 1 bar (14.7) and ended up with 17.49 PSI. I was told this pulley is good for 19 - 21 psi by HHP. Am I doing the math wrong possibly? I know the stock boost sensor wont read beyond 17, but I am reading this from the MAP sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by slowSRT8 View Post
    Tables are both set in editor and scanner so I am ready for logs when I get off in 2 hours.

One thing I noticed with looking at my last log. My manifold pressure showed 222 KPA at full throttle in the middle to upper powerband. I multiplied that number by .145 to convert to PSI, and then subtracted 1 bar (14.7) and ended up with 17.49 PSI. I was told this pulley is good for 19 - 21 psi by HHP. Am I doing the math wrong possibly? I know the stock boost sensor wont read beyond 17, but I am reading this from the MAP sensor.
    What's your elevation? If you're pretty high above sea level, it's going to affect your overall boost, since you'll have less pressure to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    What's your elevation? If you're pretty high above sea level, it's going to affect your overall boost, since you'll have less pressure to start with.
    Sea level. And there is a map sensor reading in the log as well which is close to the KPA reading. The thing is making like 15 pounds of boost at some points with a supposed 19-21 psi pulley.

Well I doubt you're up so I'm going to lose another night here. I don't know how to proceed. See the attached screenshot. This whole time I was focusing on getting the two blue columns in order and just realized right before I flashed that the red columns still aren't matching. I'm assuming you want me to adjust those in line with each other correct? Can I just copy the values, paste them into notepad, and then paste them over one by one? I am ready to do the logs still, if you happen to reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    The data listed from FIC is in milliseconds for InjPW and milligrams for Fuel Mass.
    To input the data easier change your Fuel Mass to mg. Then all you have to do is copy and past from their data into HPT

Thats how I did it, then changed fuel mass back to grams just because that's what I'm used to looking at.

This is what your data should look like. catfuelinjpwfuelmass1.jpg

The data listed from FIC is in milliseconds for InjPW and milligrams for Fuel Mass.
    To input the data easier change your Fuel Mass to mg. Then all you have to do is copy and past from their data into HPT

Thats how I did it, then changed fuel mass back to grams just because that's what I'm used to looking at.

This is what your data should look like. catfuelinjpwfuelmass1.jpg

Done. I just copied with axis and then pasted into notepad and then copied only the data I needed from there. Pasted over the table and all the data is now matching. I can finally get some logs with the corrected tables.

Advanced Tuner
    Change your Fuel Mass to mg like this
    catfuelinjpwfuelmass1mg.jpg
    Then they will look like this
    catfuelinjpwfuelmass1mg1.jpg
    Then open the excel file from FIC and copy the select and copy the InjPW data
    catfuelinjpwfuelmass1mg2.jpg
    Then select the InjPW row in your tune and paste it
    catfuelinjpwfuelmass1mg3.jpg
    Copy the fuel Mass data from the excel sheet, click on the Fuel Mass on the left side of the table, select it and paste
    catfuelinjpwfuelmass1mg5.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    sweet, you replied a few seconds before i did. make sure you are logging fuel mass in the same units as its setup in the tune, g or mg or days, which ever you prefer, haha

sweet, you replied a few seconds before i did. make sure you are logging fuel mass in the same units as its setup in the tune, g or mg or days, which ever you prefer, haha
    Everything will be in G.

Do you have any comments about my phone pressure being too low? Maybe my math? I'm going to look at the bypass valve voltage. Maybe it's not closed all the way.

Advanced Tuner
    Everything will be in G.

Do you have any comments about my phone pressure being too low? Maybe my math? I'm going to look at the bypass valve voltage. Maybe it's not closed all the way.
    Do you have headers?

Do you have headers?
    Nope just an upper 2.5, FIC1000s, bwoody 5 inch.

Just checked every single log I have and I find it suspicious that every pull only reads to EXACTLY 222 KPA. Not 222.1, not 223, exactly 222.0 max every time. Is there some limit that needs to be removed so that it can read all the boost? Stock MAP sensor.

This is what I'm referencing.

Advanced Tuner
    Just checked every single log I have and I find it suspicious that every pull only reads to EXACTLY 222 KPA. Not 222.1, not 223, exactly 222.0 max every time. Is there some limit that needs to be removed so that it can read all the boost? Stock MAP sensor.
    Check your Max MAP value under the [Engine Diag] [Airflow] tab.

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Check your Max MAP value under the [Engine Diag] [Airflow] tab.
    MAX MAP : 249
    MAP 2 Max: 225

Both are higher than 222 so you would think it can read higher. This is odd.

All bypass valve values are stock btw

Advanced Tuner
    Raise the Map 2 value to 249 and see if that changes anything. Also try logging the other MAP sensors. It has 4 IIRC