Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford 56 # injector data

Tuner

Ford 56 # injector data

Hey guys. Anyone have the data for ford 56 # fuel injectors? Im upgrading my supercharger and injectors this winter.

Thanks guys.
    2019 Ford Raptor Tow Rig Scarab 195 Open 250HO
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

Advanced Tuner
    stock 13/14 Gt500 have those injectors

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Awesome.. Thanks!
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm curious if this is actually the best way to grab the data or not.

I've been doing alot of research on injectors recently and one thing I noticed this evening is that while stock 5.0 injectors are rated as 34lb injectors in the oem tune the flow rate high is set to 45lb/hr & flow rate low is 60lb/hr.

In the GT500 file I found the flow rate high set to 56lb & flow rate low at 73, I'm hesitant to think that ford put injectors that only flow 11lb/hr more on a 5.8ltr forced induction application. I'd would like to open a discussion on this.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm curious if this is actually the best way to grab the data or not.

I've been doing alot of research on injectors recently and one thing I noticed this evening is that while stock 5.0 injectors are rated as 34lb injectors in the oem tune the flow rate high is set to 45lb/hr & flow rate low is 60lb/hr.

In the GT500 file I found the flow rate high set to 56lb & flow rate low at 73, I'm hesitant to think that ford put injectors that only flow 11lb/hr more on a 5.8ltr forced induction application. I'd would like to open a discussion on this.
    don't forget to apply the pressure multipliers....GT500's run them at 40psi+(somewhat boost reference rise) and the coyotes run off inferred pressure, so 55psi most of the time(mechanically limited to a maximum of 58)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    don't forget to apply the pressure multipliers....GT500's run them at 40psi+(somewhat boost reference rise) and the coyotes run off inferred pressure, so 55psi most of the time(mechanically limited to a maximum of 58)
    Yeah I asked the same question to a bunch of people smarter than me last night and they said the same thing. It was just hard for me to wrap my head around it.

Tuner
    Anyone know if these are the same as stock injectors in terms of tuning?

https://www.blueovalindustries.com/en9205.html

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
    Anyone know if these are the same as stock injectors in terms of tuning?

https://www.blueovalindustries.com/en9205.html
    MU52's are stock 13/14 GT500 injectors found on the gt500, same injectors a lot of aftermarket SC companies use too, procharger, whipple, and a few others

Tuner
    Awesome Thank you!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MU52's are stock 13/14 GT500 injectors found on the gt500, same injectors a lot of aftermarket SC companies use too, procharger, whipple, and a few others
    Fact-Procharger does NOT use these with their kits. They use the 47lb G302 injectors with their complete 11-14 coyote kits. I know because thats what they sent me

Tuner
    So I found the injector data from Ford for the MU52s provided by ford. However comparing it to the settings in Hptuners for the 2014 data it isnt completely the same. The pressure drop axis numbers are slightly different than that ford data. Should I go with the ford data, or 2014 GT500 data?

Tuner
    Any ideas on why the data provided by ford for the MU52s is different than that data in the 2013/14 Gt500 tune? I saw a few other posts on here about the same thing, but nobody really said why or what the solution is. I guess ill go with the Gt500 data since it makes sense to use it in my 08? Cheers!

Senior Tuner
    If you are talking about this https://performanceparts.ford.com/pa...-9593-MU52.pdf

Seeing as ford performance parts data for some multipliers are out of order as pressure goes up from 39 psi, I would say the GT500 tune data is the more accurate of the two.

Tuner
    Gotcha! Yeah that makes sense. Thank you.

Tuner in Training OverNightPartsFromJapan's Avatar

GT500 data vs. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
    Gotcha! Yeah that makes sense. Thank you.
    Thank you Sir! I'm assuming since not many people have replied after this, that using the GT500 stock file data is the more accurate of the 2 and works well for everyone? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    If you are talking about this https://performanceparts.ford.com/pa...-9593-MU52.pdf

Seeing as ford performance parts data for some multipliers are out of order as pressure goes up from 39 psi, I would say the GT500 tune data is the more accurate of the two.

The GT500 data has this too:

gt500-offsetvpres.png

Tuner
    We are using the specs as specified by FP. on all of our S/C S550 applications. We are running 98-102 Oct Pump-gas here. With the PW given by FP (0.730) it will overshoot while transition to decel. Therefore we have elaborated, that lowering the PW will do the job just nice. Additionally we adjust the Transient Acc. fueling a tad in the mid areas, since it will run a little rich after TipIn. Fueltrims are 0/0 up to 0.8, very linear Pedal feel, runs like a charm from Idle to redline.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Town-GT View Post
    We are using the specs as specified by FP. on all of our S/C S550 applications. We are running 98-102 Oct Pump-gas here. With the PW given by FP (0.730) it will overshoot while transition to decel. Therefore we have elaborated, that lowering the PW will do the job just nice. Additionally we adjust the Transient Acc. fueling a tad in the mid areas, since it will run a little rich after TipIn. Fueltrims are 0/0 up to 0.8, very linear Pedal feel, runs like a charm from Idle to redline.

When you say "lowering pw", do you mean minimum pulse width?

Would you be able to post up a log of mixed driving to show the fuel trim behavior?

Tuner
    Yes, minimum pulse width.

As soon as I have a customer here next time I can get ya some street logs.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OverNightPartsFromJapan View Post
    Thank you Sir! I'm assuming since not many people have replied after this, that using the GT500 stock file data is the more accurate of the 2 and works well for everyone? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Yes using the GT500 data worked perfectly for me.