Thread: timing anyone?

Advanced Tuner

timing anyone?

Anyone figured out how to get max power as quick as poss on dyno? I'm gonna hit the dyno again soon, basically what I do when tuning is get my idle correct, get all my ltft's around 0 to -4, then hit dyno tune PE, if any KR bump timing down, tune PE again, then start increasing timing. Anyone have any tips so I don't waste time on the dyno? Thanks.
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Advanced Tuner

Re: timing anyone?

skip the dyno tuning all together, just use it as a final measurement!

I mean go to the track on street legal night and make as many runs as you can with small changes between each run. Once your getting down the quarter mile as fast as you can then just go make one dyno run and see what you got for power.

No dyno in the world can truly recreate a real run down the track, although the mustang md1750 comes close.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by rattle
    skip the dyno tuning all together, just use it as a final measurement!

I mean go to the track on street legal night and make as many runs as you can with small changes between each run. Once your getting down the quarter mile as fast as you can then just go make one dyno run and see what you got for power.

No dyno in the world can truly recreate a real run down the track, although the mustang md1750 comes close.

I agree...
    2007 CTS-V LS2

Advanced Tuner

I don't have a wideband in my car though. Don't want to play with a/f on guessing.
    2001 Camaro SS A4