Thread: Can I swap injectors, data, and be good to go

Potential Tuner

Can I swap injectors, data, and be good to go

First post here and have done extensive searching but didn't see what i was looking for.

I bought an ECS SC kit and bought 1050x injectors and i have an opportunity to sell my stock injectors. Can I change my injectors to the ID1050x injectors and swap the data provided by them and be good to go. The car has a cam and was already tuned by someone else. I am not installing the kit until the fuel system comes in but i dont want to loose the sell. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks everyone.
    2006 Corvette stock LS2 manual trans mantic twin disk, custom patg cam, ecs kit with novi 1500 3.47 pulley, id1050x, hinson headers catless xpipe, meth installed not tuned on it yet.

It won't be good to go but it could be something you can drive if you had too.

Just swapping injector data alone will not be good enough, the airflow/fueling side of things will require some final adjustments. Redoing the the MAF curve and VVE tuning as well as adjustments to maybe some injector timing and transient fueling will be wanted. I do not suggest you drive it hard if you swap injectors, see how far off the tune up is with your scanner by watching fuel trims. Get it re-tuned as soon as possible.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the reply. Ill hold off until i can tune because of the driving habits. Thanks again.
    2006 Corvette stock LS2 manual trans mantic twin disk, custom patg cam, ecs kit with novi 1500 3.47 pulley, id1050x, hinson headers catless xpipe, meth installed not tuned on it yet.

Tuner in Training
    I just installed some DW 650cc injectors in my Z06. They have all the injector data on their website which made the swap easy. Double your stoich and cut the IFR in half. The car ran as good as it did with the stock injectors, no retune required. You can do the same with the 1050cc injectors. I assume they are Injector Dynamics? If so they have all the data for those on their site.

If you're using IDs, use the data and roll. I put ID850s in my CTS-V long ago (stock otherwise), and I have beaten the hell out of it for 50k miles without putting a wideband in. ID data is the only data that's 100% reliable. You'll be fine.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    If you're using IDs, use the data and roll. I put ID850s in my CTS-V long ago (stock otherwise), and I have beaten the hell out of it for 50k miles without putting a wideband in. ID data is the only data that's 100% reliable. You'll be fine.
    I was planning on getting some ID850s for my V as well. My car is already tuned for a 2.55" and intake with stock injectors. You are saying that I can put in the injector data and be good to go??

Tuner
    Mine needed no tuning changes for id850's either. I tweaked injection timing a bit later on but it was fine to run with no tune changes.
    69 Chevelle 418" LS3, 11.25:1,PRC 260 heads, TSP 235/239, Longtubes, dual 3", 4L80, 3.42
    2010 Corvette Grand Sport A6, Heartbeat blower, 78mm pulley/10% lower, Kooks Long Tubes, 224/232 blower cam, ID1050x's, ECS stage 1 fuel system, alkycontrol meth system

Advanced Tuner
    Nice, I'm just wanting a little insurance because I know the stock injectors DC is pretty high with just a 2.55. Sometimes I drive in cold weather so I don't want anything to go BOOM

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    What were you seeing for fuel trims by just swapping them in? I used the data for the 1050x and im seeing at times a 10-15% fuel trim value around idle etc.