Thread: 545RFE behind a 6.1 Hemi in a Jeep JKU

Potential Tuner

545RFE behind a 6.1 Hemi in a Jeep JKU

Is there a way to change the transmission programming to lock this transmission in a selected gear? Like running a manual valve body? Problem is, it likes to jump around in gears from 1st to Overdrive. 1st is too slow and Overdrive won't hold it so it likes to shift back down instead of letting me get into the higher RPMs. I would like to be able to reprogram the transmission to where I can have a dual mode...street mode(normal shifting) and Off Road Mode where if I select 3rd gear is stays in 3rd gear. Doesn't shift down out of 3rd unless I select a different gear. The 545RFE is out of a 2011 4x4 truck. I have a 4:1 transfer case and DynaTrack D60 axles with 5.13 gears.

Can it be done? If so, who can do it for me?

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever get a response to this? I have similar questions.

Potential Tuner
    Bump; I also would love to be able to turn my Jeep WK into a, full electronic manual, as its called. I have the 545RFE as well, and it would be so awesome if I could force it to stay in a selected gear versus just limiting the upshift!
    Last edited by camplo; 04-15-2018 at 10:04 PM.

You can do this with adjustments to the shift schedules, both up and down shifts and adjust firmness by adjusting the torque management settings. The only tuner that allows the user to do this is the Superchips with the Advanced Transmission Tuning Application. I've had my slightly hopped up 06 Hemi Grand Cherokee set exactly the way I want since early 2010. The only thing I'd like to get control of now is the Torque Converter slip. The other mods. I've done to the 545RFE is add a Sonnax Line Pressure Booster and installed a Transgo Shift Kit. I've almost totally eliminated all the slip from the NAG1 in my Hemi LX and I'd love to do the same with the Jeep......better performance and better fuel economy.
    Two (now Three) Hemi's, an 05 5.7 Magnum, an 06 300C SRT8 and an 06 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee, all somewhat modded. The 5.7's are modded almost the same with advanced (10* for Maggie and 6* for the Jeep) FRI Sidewinder cams/6.1 valve trains, ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SC, DS and HP Tuners, headers, cat. backs, underdrive pulleys, SOS coils, catch cans, 90 mm throttle bodies, plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff. 06 300C SRT8, Comp. Cammed, HPT tuned, Foose wheels, 85 mm TB.