Thread: Question about Tq Management 2008 L76 6.0 Truck

Question Question about Tq Management 2008 L76 6.0 Truck

I downloaded my factory tune this evening and started working (slowly) through it. I would like to disable Tq. Management, so I hit the "RPM vs. Gear" table first. It has already been populated with "6042." Is this a common occurrence? After some searching here, I also disabled "ETC limit" under "Tip-In Limiting" (Torque limit was already disabled). Do I also need to disable "Use Fuel Cut" and "Use Spark" under Fast Torque Exit? What should I change under the Transmission part of Torque Management?

The rpm vs gear is always set to the max like that. Often they use a lower number in the tables below that for each gear itself, most have those tables I believe but I'd need to see your exact tune file to confirm.

You are best off leaving the transmission TM active, removing it all on what I assume to be a 4L60/65e is best to keep it alive.

There are several other tables you can work with to get the drive ability how you want it and to make it perform better overall.

And in case you haven't done this yet, make sure you are in advanced view under the edit tab to see all tables. Edit > view > Advanced.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Hi 5FDP, thanks for the quick reply. If you?d be interested in taking a look at my file, I?ll post it and a log file. I would appreciate any recommendations. The trans is a 4L80, so I wasn?t too concerned with killing it.

Not sure if I got everything or not...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Unless someone did a 4L80e swap it's still a 4L60/65/70e. I compared it to a stock 07-08 silverado with a 4L60e and the transmission gear ratio's match. A 4L80e uses much different ratios for 1-4 gears. So still be careful what you do there for TM, it's still a weak transmission compared to a 4L80e.

The engine side TM looks disabled, not that getting everything single table matters. It doesn't look like anything will hold it back. You can tune the rest of it to get the most out of the stock 6.0.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

If it?s not an 80, the build sheet is wrong. That?s what the General put on the window sticker. I appreciate your help, thank you!

No half ton truck was sold with a 4L80e in the NNBS trucks. No idea why the window sticker would say anything different.

If the passenger side of your transmission looks like this, it's not a 4L80e.

I will try to find the documentation tomorrow, but it was sold to me a 6.0/4L80/4.10:1/14 bolt rear. IF it is (pan gasket I ordered fit correctly), should I change the ratios in the tune?

Weird.... just crawled under to check, 16 bolt pan for sure. I ordered a new filter, gasket, and cooler lines a few years ago by VIN from Gmparts east, and everything they sent was stickered for an 80. Window sticker also said 80, but no supporting RPO... Thanks, you may have saved my slushbox!

Tuning Addict
    Unless I'm wrong the VMax came with a 4l70e which is a beefed up 4l65e transmission... The problem with killing tm in the tranny isn't the fact that it "can" slowly cost you the trans, it's that this will actually cause a built-in default that detunes your engine on take offs... If you do want to do something you can dial it back by multiplying all of the tm table values by something like .1 or .25 or something low like that... If you set them to 0's - it will kill throttle... You also need to dial in the torque model on the engine side or at least increase it some to increase line pressure a little - that will help with tranny life...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Thanks again for the help guys. GHuggins, when you say "You also need to dial in the torque model on the engine side or at least increase it some to increase line pressure a little - that will help with tranny life... ", what do you mean? Y'all are both way, way above me knowledge wise... Do you have any suggestions on increasing line pressures? TM removal on the engine side actually made it shift a lot better, which seemed counter intuitive to me. Sorry for all the questions... I've read and read and read.... but nothing really prepares you for your first tune, and there's just so much information. I appreciate all the help.