Thread: BBL error

Advanced Tuner

BBL error

Updated the firmware, then programmed the cfg into the box successfully. I can get data from it like VIN. I unplugged the green connector on the side, tried it plugged in and apparently you can't get it to record with it plugged in. I figured it would just ignore the WB, but no.

Anyway, I hit the record for 2 seconds and the record light comes on. Stays lit for 10-15 seconds and then I get a flashing error light. Anyone?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    it should log just fine with the connector installed...I did a tune like that yesterday. As far as your issues go try erasing logs and try again...if that doesnt work I would suggest contacting support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Updated the firmware, then programmed the cfg into the box successfully. I can get data from it like VIN. I unplugged the green connector on the side, tried it plugged in and apparently you can't get it to record with it plugged in. I figured it would just ignore the WB, but no.

Anyway, I hit the record for 2 seconds and the record light comes on. Stays lit for 10-15 seconds and then I get a flashing error light. Anyone?

The EIO connector has no effect on the ability to record. Only the USB connection disables the buttons.

Flashing Error light means the VCM did not respond with the expected response, or lost communications with the vehicle.

Make sure you dont have any unsupported parameters in the table display before you write the new configuration.

-Ken

Advanced Tuner
    Unsupported? Like KR output or LC-1 input?

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.

Senior Tuner
    I'm not following you here. Are any of the PID's on the table display reporting unsupported before you write the configuration? Hook to the vehicle and scan it normally to see if they all work first.

The EIO input/output info on the table display should have no effect on the configuration write (except for telling the interface to log A/D data). If it does there is a bug in the software.

-Ken

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    The EIO input/output info on the table display should have no effect on the configuration write (except for telling the interface to log A/D data). If it does there is a bug in the software.

-Ken
    with the outputs being a software implimented thing could that be causing the error? thats the only thing I can think of.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm using the same config I have been for a long time. It says it writes the configuration successfully. How do I know if a PID is unsupported? I guess I'm not following.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    i have a feeling it may be that KR output you have...BBL doesnt support outputs because its a function of the software so im thinkin that very well might be the problem.

Senior Tuner
    I just tried it using your config and it fails for some reason. I loaded up the default PID's and it works fine. Start with a stock configuration file and keep adding PID's until you see which one causes it to fail. We will look into it on our end.

-Ken

Advanced Tuner
    I deleted my KR output and it still records for 10 seconds and then gets an error.

How would I know if a PID is not supported?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ken was suggesting to start with the default confi & add one PID at a time till you find which config is making things not work for you.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you would have to be connected to the pcm to see if something says "unsupported parameter" in one of the table cells.

Advanced Tuner
    ah. Have to wait till after work to try that.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    any luck?

Advanced Tuner
    The imperialdefault.cfg allowed me to log data and view it. Chris, were you able to figure out what is wrong?

BBL(BW) is really frickin' cool BTW. I only need a light or buzzer for knock retard, then I'll be happy.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    did you figure out what exactly was giving you the error? If you can figure it out they usually can fix it so it doesnt happen in the future but they have to know whats wrong to do so

Advanced Tuner
    Didn't get a chance to look into it tonight. How about on the HPT end?

Advanced Tuner
    Finally had a change to look at this. If I have "dynamic airflow (lb/min)" in the table, it causes an error after 10 seconds of logging. It doesn't tell me that it is unsupported.

Advanced Tuner
    VE Airflow (lb/min) does it also.

Advanced Tuner
    After further review, that wasn't it. foff fixed it though. Thanks!