Thread: Weird trans issues - supercharged Challenger, A580

Potential Tuner

Weird trans issues - supercharged Challenger, A580

I don't have a lot of experience with Dodge tuning when it comes to automatic transmissions. Could someone take a look at the attached ROM and look at the trans tuning and let me know if you see something odd? The car in question is a 2010 Challenger with a roots supercharger, 2 bar map sensor, and 60lb fuel injectors. AFR and ignition timing are fine. I tuned the car on the dyno and then worked on the trans line pressure on the street.

The transmission tuning is what I am curious about. I modified line pressure for the increased load from the supercharger. On the stock trans mapping it drove really bad, i.e. hesitation etc. I am wondering if the trans is hurt or is it just the map? A dealer bought the car from an auction and it already had a blown up motor prior to bringing the car for the tune. They swapped the motor but not the transmission to get it ready for resale. They brought the car back so I could take a look at it once again. Car definietly has hesitation and other strange characteristics.

Thanks for your ideas.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tmarcel; 12-01-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Tuner
    Just a first glance I can see you need to max your torque delta and offset out to 966. Engine diag>General> torque delta and delta fault
    Also my personal preference is to put wot pedal threshold down to about 1-1.2 volts so it'll go into power enrichment faster and avoid part throttle boost issues. Especially since you have a lot of timing in the part throttle table in the boost region. That's a recipe for disaster with that much timing in boost and no extra fuel.
    Last edited by UHemiNow; 12-01-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by UHemiNow View Post
    Just a first glance I can see you need to max your torque delta and offset out to 966. Engine diag>General> torque delta and delta fault
    Also my personal preference is to put wot pedal threshold down to about 1-1.2 volts so it'll go into power enrichment faster and avoid part throttle boost issues. Especially since you have a lot of timing in the part throttle table in the boost region. That's a recipe for disaster with that much timing in boost and no extra fuel.
    Thanks for the input. I will give that a shot. If everything else looks OK, I'm concerned that the transmission might have seen better days.