Thread: Torque Management Settings

Tuner in Training

Torque Management Settings

Can someone chime in on what the settings for Torque Management actually do. Sorry for the newbie question. Main thing I'm looking for is Spark A, Spark B, FSO A, FSO B, ETC A and ETC B. I understand the acronyms but not the "A or B"

2017-12-02.png

Tuner in Training
    Any links to previous topics would work also. Tried to search for any previous posts but haven’t seen any info on the subject. Also on the bottom description of the hptuners editor it says “dyno flag” on or off.

Thanks in advance

This is something I'll get to updating here when I get some free time. Some things in the section have poor labels and descriptions. When I get a chance I'll clean them up.

Dyno flag was a misinterpretation of what was actually happening.
    The true input is when drive torque control requests from the transmission are being received or not.

"A" is when these requests are received.
    "B" is when these requests aren't received.

A is going to happen when the transmission requests a torque regulation, i.e. reduction for shift.
    B will happen if the transmission does not make a direct torque request (but the ECU calculates a need for a torque reduction regardless)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    This is something I'll get to updating here when I get some free time. Some things in the section have poor labels and descriptions. When I get a chance I'll clean them up.

Dyno flag was a misinterpretation of what was actually happening.
    The true input is when drive torque control requests from the transmission are being received or not.

"A" is when these requests are received.
    "B" is when these requests aren't received.

A is going to happen when the transmission requests a torque regulation, i.e. reduction for shift.
    B will happen if the transmission does not make a direct torque request (but the ECU calculates a need for a torque reduction regardless)
    Awesome thanks for the explanation. Look forward to the updates.

Advanced Tuner
    On the ZF8HP, with ALL engine (PCM) tq mngmt switches turned off, the trans is unable to cut tq for a shift.
    Last edited by Hemituna; 03-16-2024 at 07:14 PM.

Tuner
    Why do some adjust these settings example turn on Use ETC B when its a manual car?
    My ride.. 2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch RIPx2 now Ram Clutches!, Full Adjustable BMR suspension, Solid mounted Cradle and Diff, DSS 1PC DS, Level 5 Axles, Belanger Headers, AFR500V2, Lowered, 180 Tstat, RonDavis Rad, Staggered tires.

Advanced Tuner
    ESP

(or ESC. Same thing)