Thread: Airflow to MaF sensor using on Ls1 turbo

Potential Tuner

Airflow to MaF sensor using on Ls1 turbo

Hey guys

How are you?

I have been working on Ls1 Turbo .

However i can?t figure out how to change from Airflow to Map? MaF? From HP tuner?
    Give me some advises please
    Also what sensor should i use(name or more detail please)

Thank you

I'm going to word this weird but what style of tuning do you wish to use?

Are wanting to run a MAF sensor or do your want to go MAF-Less and run speed density only without a MAF sensor?

If you want to run a MAF sensor you will want to upgrade to a card style MAF to support the airflow that your turbo setup is going to push.

If you want to remove the MAF completely and not worry about that, then setup the tune for speed density. Set the MAF fail high to 0hz, then set the 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error. You will also need to upgrade your tune file to a 2 or 3 bar OS under the OS tab so that you can tune the vehicle for boost.

I'd suggest you run a 2 bar MAP sensor or a 3 BAR sensor from like EFI source/DSX tuning or someone similar. Input the new data for the sensor in the calibration as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for replay.

We want to ran a Maf sensor from Airflow as we need to work it out on HPT. However im not able to figure out.

Also WE found out name is Corsa C5 on google as you mentioned card style sensor.

Thank you

Either ditch the MAF and run speed density with a 2 or 3 bar OS or purchase a card style MAF and create a larger intake tube for it to sit in. I'd recommend getting a honey comb air straighter before the MAF to keep the flow across the sensor smooth.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.