Thread: dodge ram.5.7 skim disabled

Tuner in Training

dodge ram.5.7 skim disabled

hey
    can somebody help me how to disable the skim in 2007 dodge ram 5.7 hemi i am doing a engine swap
    thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmperformance View Post
    hey
    can somebody help me how to disable the skim in 2007 dodge ram 5.7 hemi i am doing a engine swap
    thanks
    HP Tuners doesn't support SKIM disable on anything but the Viper platform.

Tuner in Training
    i saw skim capable enable it will work if i will put it disable or no ?

Advanced Tuner
    It won't. The actual disabling of SKIM once it has been enabled (which happens the moment a SKIM is plugged into the vehicle that the PCM is installed in) would have to be done in the scanner. It's not something that can be enabled/disabled in the ROM, it has to be reset in the RAM. Similar to the way that adaptives are reset. You don't reset adaptives in the editor, you reset them in the scanner, because the info is stored in RAM, not ROM.

Advanced Tuner
    If the SKIM is electrically unplugged with the battery disconnected as an initial step. Then using HPT Editor once the battery has been reconnected, could SKIM then be disabled in HPT editor while following-up with HPT scanner to clear any DTCs present?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Tuner in Training
    you think maybe will work like this ?

Advanced Tuner
    only way to find out fast is to give it a try & report back the results.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by * _ * View Post
    If the SKIM is electrically unplugged with the battery disconnected as an initial step. Then using HPT Editor once the battery has been reconnected, could SKIM then be disabled in HPT editor while following-up with HPT scanner to clear any DTCs present?
    I tried something like this at one time with my Neon SRT-4, and had no luck in getting it to disable. I know that changing one of the two options for SKIM (one of them is labeled as SKIM, the other as SKIM Capable) simply led to a no crank scenario. It was like it disabled the signal for the starter relay all together. Be careful playing with the SKIS on your vehicle. Too many failed attempts could lead to a security locked PCM. I don't remember the exact number of times that the PCM will allow you to start the car without the SKIS being satisfied before it locks you out completely.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    I tried something like this at one time with my Neon SRT-4, and had no luck in getting it to disable. I know that changing one of the two options for SKIM (one of them is labeled as SKIM, the other as SKIM Capable) simply led to a no crank scenario. It was like it disabled the signal for the starter relay all together. Be careful playing with the SKIS on your vehicle. Too many failed attempts could lead to a security locked PCM. I don't remember the exact number of times that the PCM will allow you to start the car without the SKIS being satisfied before it locks you out completely.
    If that is the case, then HPT needs to put the function with procedures to actually disable it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by * _ * View Post
    If that is the case, then HPT needs to put the function with procedures to actually disable it.
    They've mentioned on more than one occasion that they currently aren't supporting "SKIM disable" on any platform aside from the Vipers, and don't have an ETA or even a definite answer as to whether this function will ever come to the rest of the Chrysler platforms.