Thread: New here, controller unlocker issue have read many posts

Potential Tuner

New here, controller unlocker issue have read many posts

Hi Guys, if been searching to forums for similar issues I am having but I can't seem to find a solution.
    2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L Auto, NGC3

Running most current software 3.6
    Tried older version from USB drive that came with MPVI

THE PROBLEM:
    I am getting an error controller unlocker: Timed out when ever I turn the key on right away.

Steps by step
    Unplugged all external devices
    Plug MPVI into OBDII port
    Plug MPVI into laptop
    Start program VCM Editor from the source and select run as administrator
    Select flash tab and read vehicle
    Select Read Entire
    Select Read tab
    It asks me to cycle the key switch off wait 3 second turn back on
    Ignition off reader goes in to waiting mode
    Wait 3-15 seconds and turn ignition back on
    VCM says requesting access for a split second then immediately goes to failed
    Error: Controller Unlocked: Timed out.....

I believe the problem here is the tool is requesting access too quickly once the ignition is turned back on and causing it to fail I could be wrong but I have checked my complete electrical system body grounds, unhooking powered devices usbs, radio, and sub amp made sure battery has good charge, hard reset the ecm by umhooking for multiple hours etc... iv sent a request in to tech support but no word back yet I'm and just waiting to play with this thing but I can't even read and save my stock tune.
    I did try clicking read and when it shows the turn ignition off I turn it off but before turning back on I unplugged the USB cable. Turn the key on and wait 3-15 seconds and plug usb back in but then it just times out I wonder if unhooking at the OBDII port would work cause I wouldn't be looking the connection to the computer between the MPVI and laptop just the MPVI to OBDII port.

VCM scanner works I can data log the PIDs and watch what the truck is doing. But I can't mess with the tire size or gearing or adjust my speedo when I click the green power looking button I get a blank white screen pop up but nothing in the box I'm guessing this is an unrelated issue for now but I do need to correct my speedo for some reason it is off by 5-10 MPH depending on speed the faster I go the more off it is 30=35, 40=48, 60=70 etc...

Anyways any advice things to try?

Potential Tuner
    Tried Unplugging the OBDII connection after turning off ignition but it times out as well after tuning back on waiting then plugging the obdii back in. it never goes into requesting access

Potential Tuner
    PCM is Model P56028941AE I see I can buy an updated mopar PCM P/N R6028892AC I wonder if updating to the newer pcm will help but that's another $1000 bucks. right now my HP Tuner is seeming more like a paperweight to me a $450 paperweight. too bad its not gold plated at least then it would be shiny.

Potential Tuner
    Update: Tech support emailed me back today and they will be repairing the interface itself. So they will be sending a pickup by UPS it will go to them. They will fix whatever is wrong then send it back.

Potential Tuner
    did they fix it? I'm having the same issue.

Support ticket is in...

Tuner in Training
    Mine does this too. I think the problem is that the PCM is recognised as simply "NGC3" which is incorrect. It should be recognized as "NGC3 CAN" since it is a Canbus PCM and not a standard NGC3.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
    Mine does this too. I think the problem is that the PCM is recognised as simply "NGC3" which is incorrect. It should be recognized as "NGC3 CAN" since it is a Canbus PCM and not a standard NGC3.
    Any updates on this?