Thread: Hp tune LOCKING

Hp tune LOCKING

Hey guys any way to lock files so people can?t use yours??

Tuned someone?s car absolute dick of a person and nothing but a stuff around I want to prevent them from be able to use my file else where any way to do that????

Advanced Tuner
    No.

As I understand it, you can lock the PCM/ECM to your interface; however, that PCM/ECM becomes nothing more than a door stop for the owner and anyone else who might like, or need to make modifications to the tune. Another interface can download the tune which would enable them to cut & paste from your tune to a newly created one using their interface and license.

How do I know this? I'm in that boat right now. A shop here in Tucson locked my PCM while only performing a street tune. Unfortunately, there is too much timing at WoT and I cannot fix it.

They have been blowing me off and have left me with a predictament: 1) Get a new PCM and start over; 2) Try again to get them to unlock my PCM (already signed a release from liability); or 3) Sue them to recover costs of new PCM and tune.
    2013 Dodge Challenger, ProCharged 431 cu in Hemi

Advanced Tuner
    You can't lock tunes on Australian fords.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile