Thread: How to tell which MP is being used?

How to tell which MP is being used?

So I am still learning this ECU... the stand alones are so much easier....lol...

How can you datalog or tell which MP table is being used? what's the difference between MP0- MPx and Optimum power?

I have a feeling my light throttle and free rev behavior are now linked somehow... the ECU expects to be in a 3500 lbs car I am guessing and I am in a 2800 lbs car... so the loads in light cruise are different - guessing.... feeling like there is too much timing down at very light loads... not allowing the engine to engine break.....

oh! this is for a 2015 coyote control pack without transmission VSS input.
    Last edited by eriktreves; 12-04-2017 at 09:10 AM.

You need to log the Mapped Point Weight for each one that is being used (Mapped Points Configuration table) and it will give you a percentage of which point is being used. The mapped points are which cam position the vehicle is running at (IVO/EVC tables).

ok... thank you! I have been doing a search all morning and finally also ran into a video that shows it being logged.... which I wasn't! This may be the "golden nugget" I needed!.... runs great everywhere but engine breaking under 2000 RPM light load and free rev lags too much.... the change that needs to be made should be small! thanks for insight into my question.

Tuner in Training
    Add spark source to your data log, it's an easy way to tell when you hit Optimum power. Make sure your long and short terms are close to 0, it will throw off the maf and the maf plays a role for the load. I am new and I found out the hard way.

Optimum power isn't the issue... making 805hp...lol... free rev and engine braking under light load is the issue I am having.

It seems to have delta between commanded throttle position and actual... 6% error at idle...torque source is Torque N? ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    he's talking about the optimum power spark tables ;-)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Yeah I got that was trying to make a joke... keyword on joke..... wasn't a good one... in any event I checked and my ecu has a 0 in the mapped points list for OP.